Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a U.S. spec 2002 Freelander, 2.5L V6. Been taking it to the dealer for service, but have decided to start doing that myself as I do my other vehicles. A quick web search shows a dearth of US-made filters for this car. Have found only one source of air filter (FRAM, whom I don't care for) and no domestic source atall for oil filters. One site offers the "Crosland" brand of oil filter, which I'm not familiar with. Figured it must be a British brand. Is Crosland good stuff?

Who makes the filters used by LR dealers?
Does anyone here know of a reliable, reasonably-priced US source for high-quality filters for this car?
If I have to import my filters, what brand is the best and what source offers the best price?

Thank you for your time! :wave:

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Alot of us Disco drivers use K&N filters, in our case the #3001. These are super filter, you might see what they offer for the Freelander, in our case they offer 2 sizes and if that is the case for you get the larger one.
Good luck,
Mike J.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Check with a local auto parts store using your oil filter number and have them cross reference it to a K&N, somebody like Kragan or any of the big parts stores should be able to hekp.
Mike J.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, Hugh, thanks much for the reply.

I checked out the BritishPacific site, and it looks very good. The prices are better than I expected.

I still have a couple of questions, maybe you know the answers.

The BP site says the air filter for the Freelander is # ESR4238 Coopers. It also notes that this filter fits "4.0/4.6". Aren't those Discovery engines? Does the 'Lander use the same filter?

The brake part notes are a bit cryptic. It says:

"Pads, front SFP000020A Genuine use SFP000020"
"Rotors, front SDB101070 Genuine use SDB101070G"

What in the world does that mean??? My 'Lander goes through brakes like I go through a six-pack of ale! If I want to get pads and rotors that will have more reasonable life and not leave those lovely alloy wheels looking as black as the inside of a cave at midnight, which numbers are the right ones???

Thanks for your time! :wave:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.