Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Underwater hockey is no dumber than any other spor
259 Posts
I have mine mounted to the piece of wood which I mounted my amp to behind the carpeted flap on the starboard side of the cargo area. It's not visible to prying eyes, but you drop the tailgate and it's right at hand! I would have liked one closer to the drivers seat in the cab, but I don't want to drill into my dash etc (like the stock look) and I can handle the extra 10 seconds it takes to walk to the back of the car to get it. Besides, it gives you a good 10 seconds to collect yourself before you have to use it!

· Registered
424 Posts
That area sounds like an easy place to store it, BUT I don't like the idea of it being in the back. Mostly because, well, the fuel tank is back there, and one of the most likely places to get a fire (next to the engine) is the fuel tank.I don't know if the fuel tank is exploding if you are going to be able to get to/open your tailgate and reach in. But I guess at that point the truck is probablya goner anyway, but I would like to try to ssave some parts to sell to make up for my loss. :)

· Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wanted to have one up front for easy access, but the idea of an additional one in the back sounds great. Just went out to see where it would fit best and in front of the driver's seat works great. Being of smaller size there was plenty of space and it fits the 3lb extinguisher nicely. Bolted the holder on to the bottom seat trim and it's secured.

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
While I have not mounted one on my Disco yet.. I had a fire extnguisher on my last few cars. All were mounted below the front of the seat, as in the post above. Easy to reach and a safe place to put it.

Whatever you do, DO NOT mount it on the A Pillar like so many people do. In the event of an accident you don't want to hit THAT with your head!

Serg

· Registered
674 Posts
Here are the two I have mounted - I think the 95 Classic must have more room under the seat judging from the picks above...the fire extinguishers are chrome, i bought on eBay for $20, I nabbed one anbd tested it before I bought them - they work great. I have no complaints about the one under the seat...in fact the wifey didn't notice it for weeks!:D PS no noise from either of them bouncing around! :rellye

· Registered
81 Posts
Serg said:
Whatever you do, DO NOT mount it on the A Pillar like so many people do. In the event of an accident you don't want to hit THAT with your head!
My thoughts exactly. Don't mount it "fast and furious" style on the A-pillar :clap: My first comment when I saw that was....ouch, it's gotta suck to hit your head on that...

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
Mine's mounted like Kevin's. Doesn't interfere with your feet & it close at hand while being out of the way. Just make sure you don't use screws w/ no backs as they will wiggle their way loose of the plastic & eventually come free.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.