Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying this Discovery. Wondering what you guys think is a fair price?

2004 Land Rover Discovery II SE-Westminster Edition (final production year) with dual sunroofs, heated seats and factory tow package. Excellent body, original paint & outstanding mechanical condition,.Engine was upgraded with new head gaskets, new camshaft, new serpentine belt, and brand new lifters. Front O2 sensors recently replaced, no dexcool, and all hydraulic fluids including transfer case, trans and both differentials flushed and replaced with synthetics (except trans, which uses Dextron III) Has all the standard Land Rover power options including power seats & mirrors, dual-zone climate controls, factory fog lights, factory CD player, Traction Control, Hill Descent Control, two-speed transfer case, 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS, skid plates; fresh fluids all around, ready for summertime cruising or off-roading fun. Gunmetal grey exterior, black leather interior, very clean, non-smoker vehicle. Upgraded with mechanical oil pressure gauge & matching voltmeter to monitor engine functions. I'm a hands-on owner, not a poseur..

I drove it and it really nice. Engine is quiet cold and warm. Just looking for some input on my first discovery purchase.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
How much are they asking for it and how many miles on it?Depends on where you live, prices could run from $14000 to $8000.
On the down side, if the PO installed new lifters with out replacing the cam, those new lifters may be short lived. You always replace the cam and lifters at the same time due to the soft cam lobes wearing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He did the cam also. You could eat off the engine it's so clean. He was asking $7900, I am picking it up for $7000. Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Sounds good, now once you have it consider doing my major service list posted at the top of this section, especially the front drive shaft and the plug wires if they are grey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts