Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come again....for snow! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

I woke up to 6in of snow everywhere this morning, so I took advantage of it. JP, my jeep buddy, and I went up into the hills/mountains where there was even more snow for about 3 hours and had a blast! We even got to pull out a stuck jeep.

It was tons of fun....ill explain some pics:

In the driveway;

Stuck Jeep;

Looking out around us;

Crazy hill.....I gave it a try. I was in low the whole time, so I start out in first on this one thinking I might need it....get some momentum. I start to get up, and im going and going, then all the sudden the tires start to slip like crazy. My speed dies and I find myself going backward pretty fast....like 10-15 MPH just flying backward still in first gear. Was kinda scary....but I was able to keep it together and go backward fairly strait.

Some various shots;

By the end of the trip my instument panel was pretty festive....of course I noticed that and boosted the 'level of festivity' a bit;

....and thats it....

For those of you that were in reno last year; ie. roverx, know how much snow there was. Well its starting early this year; wasnt this bad last year till almost january. You guys might have to take another trip out here sooner then you think.... ;)

oh and hey...cross your fingers that there wont be school for me tomorrow.. :D

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Sweet dude. I spoke to my bro James (he lives in Reno) this afternoon. He said he had 4 - 6 inches tight now with maybe some more on the way. I want to go up to Reno in February to play in the snow. I'll give you a call when I do.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey sounds good.....I guess it would be like Bear Valley but with much more snow. :buttrock:

Yeah, weather.com says its going to rain all night, but if it gets cold enough we might get another 3-6in

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Nice Shots..... Looks like fun!!!! I was playing in the snow here In CO all day today!! :D

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Josh,
Come on, no fair picking on the stuck jeep, It was only doing what it was designed to do.
Wish I lived closer to the snow, looks like so much fun, but someone has to live in Santa Barbara and enjoy the beach.
Take care
Mike J.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Badger1 said:
SNOW.............you suck!!!!!!!!!!! :D Wishing for a white X-mas over here in the big KY, but it looks like it is going to be the mid to high 40's!!! Far cry from the 12-14inches(of snow :D ) the area got last X-mas!

Great shots by the way, did you get any video of the hill climb?
Would have loved to see a video of the uh.....er climb. :drive:

We even had snow here in Dallas last year.........supposed to be in the 60's.
Great pics Keptin, at least the Jeeps can rest assured a Rover (Or a WELL equipped Jeep) will be along shortly..... :drink1:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Man I would love to play out in the snow...how I envy that. Will it still be snowing in Feb? if the answer is yes than i'd love to play out to Reno after my long vacation though

·
Registered
490 Posts
We had a little freezing ran around the first week of December. Does that count? LOL

Snow or not, that view you guys had was great.

I will be giving the Disco a face lift in a day or so. Those factory fog lights and that plastic grass catcher must go. I will find a mud puddle and park in it to take the pics.

I have not been able to get off road in over a month. This is torture! Work is taking entirely too much of my time.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wolf said:
any damage from that roll back?
I hope not......if so, I dont know about it yet.

cellulararrest said:
And I hope you get those lights fixed! Those can be a pain.
Yes....I agree; im about to post a thread on how to get them turned off :bawling:

Same lights came on while I was in Bear Valley with the other LRO members, but they turned off by the end of the trip......this is starting to become a regular thing. I wonder if it has something to do with my broken shock/s....perhaps letting the brake lines/abs lines get pulled on??

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sweet...that would be great. Hopefully by then Ill have the 7100's and wont be blowing codes (at least thats what I think its caused by...) Ive checked to see if any ABS lines were pulled out or damaged....none look bad....but that doesnt always say much.

Also...need to update you on the snow situation; perhaps it will snow more over the next couple weeks but its already almost gone here in the valley. It was 50 degrees all today :bawling: .....thats reno for you. At least the mountains got pretty wasted and still have tons of snow; though if anyone does come up it wouldnt be reno they would be in anyway....probably in the surrounding area.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Damnit i want some snow to play around in.... :shifty:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Dude.....friggen great pics........Hey if you pull a jeep out, you should slap a LRO sticker on his truck......brand the stuck little bitch!...lol
Seriously, I enjoyed your pics!

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hah! thanks!...naw...too bad it wasnt the rover that pulled him out. It would have been, but my friend with the TJ has the winch.....I dont get mine till next summer.

I guess I could get one this winter...but I need to fix the broken shocks and get some other stuff done....

·
100 quids for a days work son..
240 Posts
Nice photos keptin, since you from the Tahoe area what places would you recomend to wheel on. The family has a cabin at Markleeville Nevada.. Want to take the new baby and the family for a nice easy excursion in the Tahoe area or anywhere in that area....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.