Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been putting it off too long.. the XD was freshly detailed when I bought it, so I had not washed it for 3 weeks..

It got it's first wash from me today... man that thing is a pain in the ass to wash with that SD roof rack.. daaaang!

Still looks good.. I will take some pics tomorrow morning when the sun comes back out and post them.

Serg

·
Registered
590 Posts
WHat wax you going to use...I am a real fan of Meguirs fine cut.

Like cleaning windows.

Mark
00 Disco

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
Wax!!!!

Serg-For the love of god do not put anything other than Auto Glym on your landy!!! It will only take a light hosing to get all the mud off next time your off road. I am always about mid door deep in mud and have found it the best to protect what paint I have left. You dont what the alkolines in that U.S mud to turn that lovely solihull alum into shards of rust!!!! TRUST ME. :buttrock:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I hate to spoil your party, but I've used Auto Glym, and although it's an excellent product, Mothers is best. I have also used Meguires; it's also better than Auto Glym.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I've used Meguiars in the past... it's great stuff. However on my M3 I used Klasse and it rocks! The paint was so smooth (I clayed the whole car first) and from then on it was so easy to wash. Gonna stick with Klasse...

Serg

·
Registered
294 Posts
VOGUE SE said:
I was looking at the website from Meguiars and wondered which type of wax you use from them?
not to say it over and over again but give mothers a try you ll love it, and no i dont work for them............ its a cleaner and a wax, you ll love it i promise

·
MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
wax

Disco said:
I hate to spoil your party, but I've used Auto Glym, and although it's an excellent product, Mothers is best. I have also used Meguires; it's also better than Auto Glym.
ALRIGHT DISCO!!! I hate to admit it but I tried Mothers and you were 100% right!!! It is an awsome product.Cheers for the advice! I sorta feel guilty for telling all my mates to use Auto Glym!!! :clap:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Series 3 guy, I wouldn't feel guilty! If you don't tell them otherwise in the short term, they will be more than happy with Autoglym. No doubt there is probably something better than Mothers out there, only I haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
251 Posts
OK, I must be well out of the loop. Can someone give more info on "Mothers"?
Full trade name and where to get it would help, only if I went into my local shop and ask for Mothers I'd be locked up. :beer:

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
John said:
OK, I must be well out of the loop. Can someone give more info on "Mothers"?
Full trade name and where to get it would help, only if I went into my local shop and ask for Mothers I'd be locked up. :beer:
"Hi, I would like to buy some mothers."

"Smaaack !!"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.