Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1995 110 CSW 3.5 V8. After exchanging the Lucas alternator three times since new (Dec 1995), when it failed for the fourth time, I decided to try to fit a Bosch. (My 10 year old Mercedes Benz sedan has required no alternator maintenance at all. It uses Bosch.) My local auto-electrical shop found the closest pattern match - from a VW Polo - and the only mod was a new pulley.

· Premium Member
3,225 Posts
I don't understand why you have a 3.5 in a 1995 vehicle, as I thought production of the 3.5 ceased when the 3.9 came out in 1989. Maybe it is SA only? The alternator is located on the left side of all the EFI 3.5, 3.5 and 4.2 engines. I have seen Lucas fo quickly, and also seen them seemingly last forever. Same it true for Magnetti Marrelli, commonly used on the same engines. I had a Bosch go out on me and have since replaced it with a 130 amp MM. I have been told that there was a VW alternator which bolted directly on, but never knew which VW it came from. Now I do, Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.