Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am fitting a snorkel to my '93 Disco Series 1 with the round air filter box with the trumpet type tube inlet. I was hoping someone may have or can take some photos of their similar installation. In the instuctions supplied with the snorkel it shows the pipe that comes thru the Mudguard (fender, wing or whatever) connecting straight to the side of the air filter canister. I dont like this method as it puts all the incoming air on one small area of the filter, which will block quickly in dusty conditions. I wish to run the pipe around to the front of the air filter canister, remove the trumpet pipe and fit a 3" sleeve to feed the air in from the front. Has anyone any pics of this setup or any others using different air boxes, would appreciate if you could post pics here or send to me [email protected] Regards Frank.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I used a Roca Silva snorkel on my 95 and it feeds into the airbox where the trumpet is... or well, WAS. You pull the trumpet off and fit a rubber tube there that goes through the fender well back to the snorkel base. Here's the article I posted with pics on how to install it.

http://www.formatc.org/disco/snorkel/index.htm

FrankS said:
I am fitting a snorkel to my '93 Disco Series 1 with the round air filter box with the trumpet type tube inlet. I was hoping someone may have or can take some photos of their similar installation. In the instuctions supplied with the snorkel it shows the pipe that comes thru the Mudguard (fender, wing or whatever) connecting straight to the side of the air filter canister. I dont like this method as it puts all the incoming air on one small area of the filter, which will block quickly in dusty conditions. I wish to run the pipe around to the front of the air filter canister, remove the trumpet pipe and fit a 3" sleeve to feed the air in from the front. Has anyone any pics of this setup or any others using different air boxes, would appreciate if you could post pics here or send to me [email protected]om Regards Frank.

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Never seen a snorkle like that......Looks sleek

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Muddy Oval said:
I used a Roca Silva snorkel on my 95 and it feeds into the airbox where the trumpet is... or well, WAS. You pull the trumpet off and fit a rubber tube there that goes through the fender well back to the snorkel base. Here's the article I posted with pics on how to install it.

What a great looking snorkel, so much neater and better looking than the Safari style snorkel I'm fitting, thanks for the photos, it has given me some ideas, Regards Frank.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Muddy Oval said:

WOW nice snorkel, how well does it work... had it in any deep water?

ouch on the price though, still sexy

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
The deepest I've had the DI was actually before the snorkel, actually haven't taken it offroad since getting a pair of 04's. It came in handy when a friend needed a truck for MAR when his SIII died- but it's going up for sale soon since it just sits in my yard now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.