Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! First time poster with a new to me '03 Discovery throwing codes P0304, P0102, P1884.
When I bought the truck the port connecting the intake to the idle control valve was broken and the hose from the secondary air pump to the cross tube was missing.
I repaired the connection on the intake to the idle control and replaced the hose for the secondary air pump.
Now the truck runs like complete crap and I'm throwing codes with a blinking CEL and the codes listed above. Codes return moments after clearing them. I have not had the truck running for more than five minutes since the repair.

My assumption is to replace the MAF sensor.

Or... is the ECU essentially freaking out because there is no longer unmeasured air going into the Throttle Body and Idle Control? And I should just let it run for a bit to let it remap?

Break in the hose was here(not my truck):

Attachments

·
Wounded Knee Moderator
1,904 Posts
The 102 code is on the MAF, clean it and see, check it's electrical connection, replace if those don't remedy. 304 is misfire cylinder 4, check wire and plug. Run Techron through tank of fuel to clean injectors. 1884 is another MAF fault, rinse repeat my first comment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.