Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
g7jtk said:
Just an update of what's going on in Tynedale area. http://www.hexham-courant.co.uk/far...e.asp?id=188543
Flippin bikers
Hang on just a minute! I am getting the strangest sense of Deja-vu here!! :dunno:

Hello g7jtk, as always it is the minority who are spoiling it for the rest of us. The minority I am of course talking about are those who have absolutely no common sense what so ever. Not only that but they lack any sort of respect for the environment and the other users of such trails/lanes who do act responcibly! Grrrr makes me mad! :complain:

Anyway anyone for a :beer: ???

Geo.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Geobloke said:
Hang on just a minute! I am getting the strangest sense of Deja-vu here!! :dunno:

Hello g7jtk, as always it is the minority who are spoiling it for the rest of us. The minority I am of course talking about are those who have absolutely no common sense what so ever. Not only that but they lack any sort of respect for the environment and the other users of such trails/lanes who do act responcibly! Grrrr makes me mad! :complain:

Anyway anyone for a :beer: ???

Geo.
Exactly
I can't say that I have seen Allendale crowded with bird watchers. Probably like the story in the news about the chip van in Corbridge. It was on GMTV back end of last week. I went for chips today even putting on my high visability waistcoat but couldn't get neer the place. Try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Been there, got heckled by the cyclists

Last year, right before SOdbury (like right about now). I was driving carefully down a greenlane near East Illsley when approached by a cyclist. Being the polite gentleman wheeler that I am, I pulled over (as we'd just arrived that day and I didn't have my UK "Legs" yet, I pulled right). As the guy came past us, we were treated to a tongue-lashing you'd not forget. When he found out we were Americans, it got worse, much worse. Sadly, I wasn't at the window, otherwise, I would have asked if it was legal for me to have been there (it was posted as a public right of way) and merely looked at him trying to answer that one.

About ten years earlier, I had been cycling in a national forest area. Afterwards, I came upon some rock climbers who chastised me for tearing up the forest trails with my bicycle. I asked them if they used pitons :D

Multiple shared use is best for all of us. There really is room for all of us, we just need to keep that in mind.

G7JTK, I'm WD9HRP-amatuer radio is a good example of shared use, just look at the spectrum, we all share it.

Peace,
PT

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
g7jtk said:
I'm WD9HRP-amatuer radio is a good example of shared use, just look at the spectrum, we all share it.
It's funny how there are a lot of hams into 4x4.
Have you seen the Yaesu ad with what appears to be a Camel 110 in the background? It was in the November or December QST (the publication of the US analog to RSGB).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PTSchram said:
Have you seen the Yaesu ad with what appears to be a Camel 110 in the background? It was in the November or December QST (the publication of the US analog to RSGB).
No. To be honist I havn't used the radio for ages because there's nobody on.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
g7jtk said:
No. To be honist I havn't used the radio for ages because there's nobody on.
With a family and a new business fixing Rovers, I don't have time to get on the air. Ah, for the old days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.