Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's always something with these ass monkeys. I recently brought the truck in to have the front axel breather tube replaced since it was leaking gear lube all over the place. (it actually took TWO seperate times for them to figure out what the problem was.. idiots..) so this morning, I crawl under the truck to do an oil change and what do I see?? they friggen zip tied the breather tube to the lower control arm! the opening for the tube is lower that my axel!! WTF?!?!?! So I have been searching my home high and low and can't seem to find my RAVE cd. I wanted to print out exactly where the tube is supposed to be plumbed and see how those idiots are going to respond. At a minimum they are going to have to fix it correctly and change the front diff fluid again.. what a waste of time..

Anyway, sorry for the rant, but does anyone have the diagram that they can forward to me?

Cheers,

Ryan

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
I have the RAVE CD at home. I'll try and remember to post it up here. It should run all the way up to the fire wall though and end between the master brake clylinder.

This is why I do all my own work. There is no chance I'm going to let some idiot work on my truck when I can do a better job. They don't know there stuff the just look it up... and then charge you $75-90 bucks and hour :confused and for what I still can't figure out.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is my best $15 as well, now if I can only find the stupid thing!!

Any chance on anyone sending me the diagram, please?!! :D

·
324 Posts
Yeah I can't figure out how to cut and paste the page from the Adobe file :confused stupid thing...

·
324 Posts
Yeah I can mail you a copy if you'd like. Just let me know because I leave for vacation on Wednesday. Actually I'll be driving right past you on Friday, (well about an hour and a half south of you on I-90) but I can bring it with me if you'd like.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is very generous but I already have an appointment to get it resolved on Wednesday. (it was originally replaced under warranty) I just want to make sure they actually did it correctly this time. I have to get my truck in the water pretty deep up at my lake home to drop the boat in. (shallow lake) when I say deep, I mean just above the tires, the top of the tires.

I really appreciate you being willing to meet up, however I would feel WAY too guilty taking the time away from you and your family on vacation. Where are you going anyway?

Cheers mate!

·
324 Posts
Do you want me to mail you one? I can burn it tonight.

As for the road trip, well we're heading out to the Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Devils Tower, Cody, WY., Yellowstone, Glacier National Park, and then home stopping along the way at a few of those and also Ceder Point in Ohio... So we have a pack few weeks ahead of us. Its the All-American road trip ;) and I can't wait to leave!!

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you'd be willing to do that, that would be awesome!

How much would you like for your trouble?

BTW, that would be an AWESOME trip. I went to college in Bozeman MT and hit Yellowstone quite frequently. Absolutley stunning scenery.

·
324 Posts
You don't owe me anything. Just PM me your address and I'll get it out to you tomorrow.

I can't wait to leave!! :D

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PM sent. Thanks again John, you have restored my faith in the human race!

·
324 Posts
02disco2 said:
PM sent. Thanks again John, you have restored my faith in the human race!
:confused Well I'm not sure about the Human Race but there are a few nice people out there ;)

Its all set. I burnt a copy and I'll send it out tomorrow. It copied a little wierd but it works. I'm gonna try it again and see if I can't get it copied better but either way it works just fine.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
John, you DA man!

Anyway, I got the truck fixed today (under warranty even though I am now at 50,750) they "claim" that I must have snagged it on something as it snapped off. I retorted with the fact that it didn't have a breather tube zip tied from the factory. Back and forth we go, but it is now resolved and there was, infact, water in the housing so I got another flush and fill complements of Minneapolis Land Rover. On a side note, I am going to meet my service writer out on Lake Minnetonka saturday to kick back a few libations. Apparently he enjoys the same hobbies as I, I just have a bigger boat! ;)

·
324 Posts
That's cool! I sent it out this morning. You should have it by Saturday. Overnight was like $13 bucks and 2 day $6 so 2 day it is. But if you don't have it by Saturday something has gone array ;) I sent it with delivery confirmation... but the little piece of paper is down stairs in the truck so I'll PM it to you later ;)

·
324 Posts
Did you get the disk yet?... Not sure when I can check this again... I'm at Mount Rushmore KOA ;) and I'm loving this road trip!!! Thia country has so much to see!

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did get it and Thank you SO much!

I haven't had the time to try it yet due to a death in the family, which has occupied all my time as of late.. needless to say, I never made it out ont he boat as planned.

Enjoy the vacation and post up some pics when you get a chance!

Cheers,

Ryan

·
324 Posts
Sorry to here that... I just wanted to make sure you go it and that it works. It should but you know how these things are so... their all :confused After things just settle down just let me know.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.