Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 17 disco5 hse lux ($82,250) had the radio quit making sound. We mad an appt and took it in. As i was turning into the dealership, land rover Alexandria in VA i coild hear water swishing In the dash so I mentioned this. It turns out that due to a manufacturing defect the sunroof drain was not hooked up correctly and the water has been draining inside of the car instead of out. This eventually drowned out the amp which is under the passengers seat. Long story short, lr replaced the carpet and amp and gave me the car back smelling of mold and basically said tough luck. I told them they should replace the vehicle due to the extensive damage which has harmed the value of the vehicle considerably and will have probable issues later with the electronics etc as it has been flooded for at least a year. The flooding went unnoticed as the carpet has at least 3" of foam under it that held the water like a sponge. They are not willing to replace the vehicle or even have it tested for mold, just said tough. Horrible customer service. This is my 3rd (and last) land rover. You have been warned, stay away if you are considering purchasing from this company as they do not stand behind their products.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Sounds about right.

Claim this on your auto insurance. See if they'll bite. Otherwise, welcome to the American legal system.

·
VW Dieselgate beneficiary
85 Posts
Stop talking to the dealer, they are not part of Land Rover. LR really wants to rehabilitate their image. Give them the chance.

Post publicly on Twitter and Instagram - don't use angry language in your tweet, just state the problem, the lack of satisfactory resolution, and your lack of desire to own another JLR brand vehicle. Post pics if you have them. Tag #landrover , #quality , #LROwner , etc. Again, don't tag anything pejorative or angry. Mention @Landrover, as well as the North America branch (I forget the exact handles, it will suggest them). They will ask you to DM them, then do so and ask immediately to contact them by phone.

And become familiar with your state's lemon laws.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts