Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started noticing a musty smell last week and today I noticed that the carpet on the front passenger side was soaked. Has anyone else experienced this? The logical explanation would be a hole in the floorboard that allowed water to be kicked up. This would seem to be any easy repair. Any chance that the a/c compressor is causing the water buildup? Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 98 Disco had the same problem. When I asked the LR agent about it they said the condensation from the a/c outlet was not flowing out of the rubber boot outlet (It is a one way valve outlet that sometimes does not work). The solution was to remove those boots (simply pulled out from under the vehicle) and the problem was solved.

I was a bit concerned that at future water crossings water would come rushing in - I have never notice this however.

·
Registered
444 Posts
A question that I can help with... I had the same problem, my LR dealer found that the lines for the AC had come loose and was causing it to leak into the floorboard, they adjusted and cleared any blockage. After it is fixed go somewhere and have the carpet shampooed it is worth paying someone else to do the work, they can usually get the carpets dry, where when I do it myself it seems like the carpet stays wet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
98 discovery floorboard leak

Thanks guys. I actually crawled underneath the Rover on my NYC street with a maglite but couldn't see the boots. Hopefully any auto shop can put it on a lift and pull the boots off and/or check the a/c lines. The Land Rover dealer in NYC only takes appointments during the week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.