Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home from work and I heard a noise from the right side of my vehicle, from near the glove box.

I stopped immediately and turned her off. The coolant is all over the ground and in a noticeable trail behind me.

The right front axle is coated, as is the wheel well and the backside of the front fender. No hoses are noticeably bulged or damaged. What could have happened? I did find this diagram, and I'm thinking it's somewhere between #23 and #20.

Anyone have experience with this?:confused

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is there any way the expansion tank's cap spewed out the coolant? I also had a leak on the bottom of my expansion tank on the hose connection to the throttle body heat plate. I would suggest taking off the expansion tank (it just pops off by tilting it towards the front of the car), and inspecting if for leaks on all of the connections.

If it's a hose, it should be very easy to identify by just running the engine at idle with the hood open, and watching for the leak. Make sure you have coolant in the system though and you do NOT overheat!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Water pump or a leak at the front cover gasket. I just went thru this twice. The first time was the water pump. Had that replaced then a couple months later the front cover gasket started leaking. I'm in the middle of that fix right now.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Pics please

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.