Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 93 RRC came with the front air dam and fog lights under the front bumper. I removed the air dam and lights and recently purchased some KC fog lights. My stock ones only come on with the low beams and cut off when I hit high beams as they should. That is fine and I am just looking to have the new KCs do the same.

My question: if I wire the new lights to the existing wiring and mount the new lights to my front bumper, is there any reason why they would not work exactly as the factory ones did? The connectors are slightly different so I will just cut the RRC end plug off and splice red to red and black to black. Is there anything I am missing or need to know? Thank you for any assistance.

· Registered
2,065 Posts
As long as the power draw of your new lights is similar to the stock driving lights then the existing harness and associated relay will be ok and will operate as before.

· Registered
106 Posts
I did the same modification and installed Hella fog lamps (55 watt bulbs). The current draw seems to be slightly higher since I can tell the system is straining a bit more when they are on. What can I do to upgrade the system? I believe the stock system does have a relay and fuse, so not sure what else I can do. Maybe install a higher spec relay?

· Registered
2,065 Posts
What do you mean exactly by "straining"?
Is the loom/relay/switch getting hot or the is the alt always at full output?
Or do you mean something else?

· Registered
2,065 Posts
Road lights, dash lights, most likely radio and heater fan....possibly AC and a new pair of 55W driving lights on a 20 year old wiring harness..........Yeah, the ALT will be at full field alright.

That's why LED's are so popular right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.