Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
two questions:
1. If i get a new bumper can i use the fog light wiring to run off road lamps?
2. is there a way to keep the fogs on when i have the brights on?

does anyone have an answer for me???!!!!

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
1. Yes you can if you use a relay ( so you can use 100W+ bolbs with out burning up the original harness ) , and it's not clean for my standards but saves time and it's eazy to remove and go back to stock if needed. Also depends if you need the option mentioned in #2 Q.

2. Yes there is a way . It takes time to figure it out how to make it work . But There might be info out there already on How-to do it :) .
I will look in to it soon , cause I want it :) .

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
drum...if you are looking at using off road fog lamps, then you are likely to get 55watt lamps anyway. The stock fogs are 55watts, so its fine if you replace them with other 55watters......

....unfortunatly you wont be able to use the original wiring for anything more.....which means Hella 4000's and stuff like that.

I would suggest buying a hella relay or making your own, then wiring it up to an extra cruise control button (you can find at expeditionexchange.com and other places). This way, you can use your fog/off road lamps with your highbeams. Im not sure if its the same for D1's, etc. but my DII automatically shuts off the fogs when you turn on your highs. Also, you might want to have your lights for short periods on when your car is turned off.....perhaps for map reading with a group and stuff.

·
Registered
32 Posts
it's my understanding that the way in which the fog lamps operate can be modified via the Testbook. at dweb there are a few threads about what can be done with the Testbook in regards to changing the way the Rover does things.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
racerwad said:
it's my understanding that the way in which the fog lamps operate can be modified via the Testbook. at dweb there are a few threads about what can be done with the Testbook in regards to changing the way the Rover does things.
If I remember right, a testbook can rest the lights, but the shop can get in trouble, cause it is against the law, and a cop could ticket you for running the brights along with off road lights.
Mike J.

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
Disco Mike said:
If I remember right, a testbook can rest the lights, but the shop can get in trouble, cause it is against the law, and a cop could ticket you for running the brights along with off road lights.
Mike J.
DiscoMike hit that one right on the head, it is illegal to run your brights and driving lights together!

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well thats good to know...hahaha....thanks, and i guess i owe you about 100 bucks for that tid bit of info!!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
I can run Hi-beams, factory driving lights, and Hella 3000's all at the same time in my Classic. P38 shuts off driving lights when Hi's are on, and by design my E320 runs very bright driving lights and hi-beams at same time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.