Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! Decided to flip here from another LR site & hope you can answer a question for me. Found some Safari 5000 lights for my DI, and when I went to install them could not find any connectors at the front with the exception of the ones for the factory air dam. I pulled the speedometer binnacle and there wires connected to the fog light switch, so where do the wires go so I can tie into them. Thought they would terminate at the relay, but don't see them there. The RAVE doesn't address this accessory. Thanks!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
268 Posts
The light switch on the intrument cluster surround is for the Rear Fog Lights. The swithc for the Front Fog Lights is next to the Cruise Control switch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh!! I'm already using that one for the fog lights in the air dam. Guess my idea of using the one on the bezel is out. Just curious... If I got the fog light wiring & switch out of a junk yard, I should be able pop it into the blank next to the existing fog light & cruise control, right??

·
Registered
268 Posts
Oh!! I'm already using that one for the fog lights in the air dam. Guess my idea of using the one on the bezel is out. Just curious... If I got the fog light wiring & switch out of a junk yard, I should be able pop it into the blank next to the existing fog light & cruise control, right??

Assuming that blank actually pops out. There are 2 and 3 switch pods. I just sold a 3 switch pod with 3 fog switches and pigtails. Doh!
And I had it mounted where the ash tray goes.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I wired my overhead lamps to factory switches, but those switches only have power when the highbeams are on... Grab switched power from your highbeams to the switch and then to your relay. You only need them when you probably have your highbeams on already and it's nice to be able to dim everything with one click of the stalk rather than also fumble for a second switch. This is easy, discreet and factory...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought the switches pictured. Just figure out the pin out (we bench tested it to figure it all out) and rewire. I have a constant hot coming in from the under hood fuse box. Ran it to 3 relays. They ran the switches to the relays, ran the ground and tapped into the backlight wire on the original fog light switch plug. Now they back light when lights are on and I have aux light whenever I want. No need for ignition to be turned. Pics and pin out info are posted on this same thread on LRF.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts