Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not using the front spoiler and was wondering if is possible to mount the fog lights from the spoiler on to the bumper???
It's an '88 with factory bumper.

thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
go to DAP and order the grill

Kevin88RRC said:
I'm not using the front spoiler and was wondering if is possible to mount the fog lights from the spoiler on to the bumper???
It's an '88 with factory bumper.

thanks
With the lights built into the upper grill. It keeps the lights off the bumper

link to lights

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The grill from DAP looks sweet, but I'm broke and was thinking of a cheap way to add more light. Would there be any down side to mounting them straight to the bumper?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RR Paul .... is that the grill from DAP? And how did you mount the 2 on the bumper?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm gonna freakin' go for it :buttrock:
Unfortunately, I won't be back in Maine where my lights are for a couple of weeks. I let ya know how it turns out.

thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
use a big drill...

with big ass fuckoff bits. take pics for us too!!! :buttrock: :buttrock:

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
My buddy just offered to give me back my old Hella 1000's that I used to have mounted on my Jetta and then gave to him to mount on his Mustang...

Funny.. I was at his house last Friday looking at what happened to his CHERRY MGB that got rearended by some moron in San Francisco and were talking about the foglights on his 1965 Cortina GT (cool ass car!).. I was thinking how the ole' Rallye's would look good on the Rover inplace of the weenie lights that are mounted on it now..

Well the next day he emails me and asks if I would like em back as he is not using them.. ha ha.. He's had em for a decade.. and now they are coming back to me.. strange! :drink1:

So I can't wait to mount those up...

Serg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Serg said:
My buddy just offered to give me back my old Hella 1000's that I used to have mounted on my Jetta and then gave to him to mount on his Mustang...

They are Rallye 2000(much bigger than 1000s) - and I just realized that they are much more appropriately sized to your Rover than any of my little weird cars....

And actually they aren't the originals - remember? The originals were stolen along with the entire crappy mustang.... but the insurance replaced them.

it was time for them to return home..... :D

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update

Well I just back to Maine and was playing with the fog lights today. The lights are too deep to mount on the bumper :bawling: They would stick out more than an inch in front. Guess I'll have to save for a better bumper or nudge bar.
Thanks for the input and encouragement. :buttrock:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RR Paul said:
Why dont ya buy new lights?? :D
Get out of my head!!! I was just thinking how a pair of the Hella 500 would probably fit nicely. And also upgrading the headlights,possibly Hella Vision Plus.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts