Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

I HAVE MY 1970 SIIA FOR SALE £1500 ONO, IT IS A 2.25 DIESEL MOT TILL DECEMBER, TAX EXEMPT, I HAVE SPENT ALOT OF TIME AND MONEY PARTLY RESTORING IT. HAD A FULL RESPRAY BY ME SO NOT A PRO JOB BUT BETTER THAN BRUSH IN BRONZE GREEN INSIDE AND OUT.

THE CHASSIS IS GOOD IT HAS HAD WELDING IN THE PAST BUT IS SOLID NOW, WHEN I BOUGHT IT I UNDERSEALED MOST OF IT AND SPRAYED THE TRICKY BITS WITH OIL.

I HAVE HAD IT FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND BEFORE I GOT IT, IT HAD HAD A FULL REWIRE WITH PLASTIC HEADLAMP BOWLS AND NEW LAMPS ETC.

ITEMS IVE REPLACED ARE, WINGS FOR SECOND HAND STRAIGHT ONES, NEW MUD SHIELDS, NEW BUMPER, CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER, FULL NEW TYPE GLOW PLUGS, K+N STYLE FILTER, HALF SHAFT, (REAR DIFF LOOKED NEW WHEN I HAD IT OUT ASWELL) ALL OILS IN EVERYTHING RENEWED AND FILTERS, NEW FULL EXHAUST, NEW WING MIRRORS, NEW BULK HEAD VENT SEALS, ALL OLD DOOR SEALS REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH FOAM MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE, NEW WHEEL BEARING IN RIGHT FRONT, NEW BRAKE SHOES ALL ROUND, NEW USED FOR ABOUT 2000 MILES WHEELS AND CHUNKY MUD TERRAIN TYRES (OLD WHEELS AND TYRES SUPPLIED), NEW WIPER MOTOR, STEERING OVERHAULED WITH 6 NEW TRACK ROD ENDS (GREASABLE TYPE), NEW STEERING RELAY, NEW H/D DAMPERS AND BUSHES.

I HAVE BOARDED THE REAR AREA OUT EXTREMELY WELL AND SUPPORTED ALL WOOD ON BATTONS THEN FILLED THE AIR GAP BETWEEN BATTONS AND WOOD WITH EXPANDABLE FOAM FOR SOUND DEADNING.

IM SURE THERE ARE PROBABLY OTHER ITEMS IVE FORGOTTEN ASWELL. ON MOST IF NOT EVERYTHING IVE DONE I HAVE USED NEW NUTS AND BOLTS SO EVERYTHING IS DONE CORRECTLY.

THIS IS NOT A PERFECT LANDY BUT IT IS REALLY RELIABLE AND USEABLE AND LOOKS VERY PRESENTABLE. THE ENGINE IS A LITTLE SMOKEY ON IDLE BUT CLEARS AFTER A DRIVE.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE FURTHER PICTURES OF HER OR TO ARRANGE TO VIEW DROP ME AN EMAIL, MY NAME IS PHIL AND MY EMAIL IS [email protected]

I LIVE IN HOLMFIRTH. WEST YORKSHIRE. UK.

· Registered
1 Posts
Dear Sir,

Dear Sir,

I am interested in your vehicle and I need it in India. I can offer 750 pounds only for this 35 year old vehicle. Shipping cost I will bear, I request you revert back.
Best regards
Yors sincerely
Arvindakshan

SIIA-Pilot said:
HI

I HAVE MY 1970 SIIA FOR SALE £1500 ONO, IT IS A 2.25 DIESEL MOT TILL DECEMBER, TAX EXEMPT, I HAVE SPENT ALOT OF TIME AND MONEY PARTLY RESTORING IT. HAD A FULL RESPRAY BY ME SO NOT A PRO JOB BUT BETTER THAN BRUSH IN BRONZE GREEN INSIDE AND OUT.

THE CHASSIS IS GOOD IT HAS HAD WELDING IN THE PAST BUT IS SOLID NOW, WHEN I BOUGHT IT I UNDERSEALED MOST OF IT AND SPRAYED THE TRICKY BITS WITH OIL.

I HAVE HAD IT FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND BEFORE I GOT IT, IT HAD HAD A FULL REWIRE WITH PLASTIC HEADLAMP BOWLS AND NEW LAMPS ETC.

ITEMS IVE REPLACED ARE, WINGS FOR SECOND HAND STRAIGHT ONES, NEW MUD SHIELDS, NEW BUMPER, CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER, FULL NEW TYPE GLOW PLUGS, K+N STYLE FILTER, HALF SHAFT, (REAR DIFF LOOKED NEW WHEN I HAD IT OUT ASWELL) ALL OILS IN EVERYTHING RENEWED AND FILTERS, NEW FULL EXHAUST, NEW WING MIRRORS, NEW BULK HEAD VENT SEALS, ALL OLD DOOR SEALS REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH FOAM MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE, NEW WHEEL BEARING IN RIGHT FRONT, NEW BRAKE SHOES ALL ROUND, NEW USED FOR ABOUT 2000 MILES WHEELS AND CHUNKY MUD TERRAIN TYRES (OLD WHEELS AND TYRES SUPPLIED), NEW WIPER MOTOR, STEERING OVERHAULED WITH 6 NEW TRACK ROD ENDS (GREASABLE TYPE), NEW STEERING RELAY, NEW H/D DAMPERS AND BUSHES.

I HAVE BOARDED THE REAR AREA OUT EXTREMELY WELL AND SUPPORTED ALL WOOD ON BATTONS THEN FILLED THE AIR GAP BETWEEN BATTONS AND WOOD WITH EXPANDABLE FOAM FOR SOUND DEADNING.

IM SURE THERE ARE PROBABLY OTHER ITEMS IVE FORGOTTEN ASWELL. ON MOST IF NOT EVERYTHING IVE DONE I HAVE USED NEW NUTS AND BOLTS SO EVERYTHING IS DONE CORRECTLY.

THIS IS NOT A PERFECT LANDY BUT IT IS REALLY RELIABLE AND USEABLE AND LOOKS VERY PRESENTABLE. THE ENGINE IS A LITTLE SMOKEY ON IDLE BUT CLEARS AFTER A DRIVE.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE FURTHER PICTURES OF HER OR TO ARRANGE TO VIEW DROP ME AN EMAIL, MY NAME IS PHIL AND MY EMAIL IS [email protected]

I LIVE IN HOLMFIRTH. WEST YORKSHIRE. UK.

· rovering??
672 Posts
arvindakshan said:
Dear Sir,

I am interested in your vehicle and I need it in India. I can offer 750 pounds only for this 35 year old vehicle. Shipping cost I will bear, I request you revert back.
Best regards
Yors sincerely
Arvindakshan
you are better off with a M&M 540 OR A 535. It will do all that the SIIA will do and the parts will be much easier to ind in india.
and for Rs.75000 you can get one in great shape too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.