Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from get-rhino.com:
Recently, Land Rover North America ceased selling classic Rover parts to its dealers in North America. So unless you know someone with a key to the Land Rover factory, you will eventually have a very difficult time acquiring replacement parts for Rovers older than 1995. This sucks. Officially.

We at Red Rhino Products have mourned the passing of a great era, we have dried our tears, and we have resolved to find ways to continue supplying the parts our customers need. So when existing dealers eventually deplete their replacement part inventories, only the hardest working suppliers will be able to provide you with parts.

We promise to reinforce our relationships with our key genuine parts suppliers and guarantee your access to the parts you will always need to keep your Rover running correctly. Corporate bastards, eat scum!
what the hell does ford have against us? we wont buy any of their new, piece of ****, plastic suburbans with the LR badge? i had made peace with the fact that this stupid company was going to take LR in a different direction, hoping that we would atleast be an afterthought, but now i've changed my mind. if the new defender doesn't have two solid axles and you can't take it apart and put it together again, i'm gonna go and get my law degree, build a fortune, buy Land Rover, and free it from the blue oval of plastic cars. and when i shake whoever's hand to seal the deal, there's gonna be spit in mine. it's bad enough that they don't make new trucks(i say trucks, not sport-sedans with an suv body) for us, but now theyre making it hard for us to keep our trucks off the road, where a land rover belongs.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Relax man, classic parts are still available. But I feel your pain on the whole blue oval thing. I have always hated Found On the Road Dead products and it seems as if I'm forced to accept them. Like I've said before...buy all the older Rovers you can now. Stock pile parts trucks, park 'em at your parent's house, the in-law's house, the black sheep (no pun intended) brother of yours house, the brother-in-law you can't stands house, the sister-in-law you want to bangs house, your twice removed second cousin by marriage' house. You get the picture.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
roverX said:
Relax man, classic parts are still available. But I feel your pain on the whole blue oval thing. I have always hated Found On the Road Dead products and it seems as if I'm forced to accept them. Like I've said before...buy all the older Rovers you can now. Stock pile parts trucks, park 'em at your parent's house, the in-law's house, the black sheep (no pun intended) brother of yours house, the brother-in-law you can't stands house, the sister-in-law you want to bangs house, your twice removed second cousin by marriage' house. You get the picture.
yeah that post was a little hasty. the one ford product i like is the ford gt. how can they be so in touch with tradition in one case and so out of touch with it in another? so do you not dig inter-racial sheeping?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Man.

I have been on LRO fore more then a few months now and I still dont get the funny annotation with the damn sheep. CHEERS TO ME!!"

I want everyone to know that you and me are all big pussies wating to be fucjekd until we figure out how to get our strong point across to Ford Jr. (twice removed)

All new Fords officially suck. They do man.

This from the "Rolling in my grave website)

When your wife complains about how much beer you can drink and how you should change the world check out
www.americasmostwanted.com
and get her involved with more pressing issues my man...

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Meanwhile Back at Ford,

Over the past few days, Ford has dumped Hertz (a rental company). They are losing excess weight so their fiscal numbers look better.

Looks like Ford is thinking not about cars, but how to make the stockholders happy, before they get killed at the next stockholders meeting.

Maybe they should move on , with respect to LandRover.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Adam in NYC USA said:
Over the past few days, Ford has dumped Hertz (a rental company). They are losing excess weight so their fiscal numbers look better.

Looks like Ford is thinking not about cars, but how to make the stockholders happy, before they get killed at the next stockholders meeting.

Maybe they should move on , with respect to LandRover.
what do you mean, move on with respect to Land Rover?

·
Registered
590 Posts
They are not suited for Land Rover because Land Rover is not a messenger car, not a family station wagon or a pick up truck.
Land rover is a AWD/4WD SUV that can hard right or hard left over any curb, then make it's way up and over any real estate builders hillside and over into any rich mans-palace.

If you are in a Land rover discovery and all of a sudden heaqr on "breaking news' that anarcy is prevailing, yu would be happiest in a Disco, then any other vehicle. Because it will get you home to your family, and your shotgun.

Peace :drink1:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hailsharky said:
They are not suited for Land Rover because Land Rover is not a messenger car, not a family station wagon or a pick up truck.
Land rover is a AWD/4WD SUV that can hard right or hard left over any curb, then make it's way up and over any real estate builders hillside and over into any rich mans-palace.

If you are in a Land rover discovery and all of a sudden heaqr on "breaking news' that anarcy is prevailing, yu would be happiest in a Disco, then any other vehicle. Because it will get you home to your family, and your shotgun.

Peace :drink1:
other than your spelling, well said.

·
Registered
138 Posts
ford sucks . . . .

Look @ how well they have applied there newly "aquired" technology to their own line of f series trucks. Box section frames & outboard mounted shocks, along with some of the other Land Rover ideas, have probably made the 04 & 05 f series ford truck line better than it ever was before. (I'm not promoting the crap, though, just statin' facts). Then look @ the econoline series. The econoline has NEVER passed the NHTSA or any other tests for vehicle stability. Research it if in doubt. Yet it recieves NONE of the "ammenties" that have been applied to the f series to make them ride & drive better and SAFER. ford motor company does not care about people, especially working class folk who drive these econoline death boxes @ their jobs every day! It is just greed for $$$$$ that concerns them. I was a former ford-a-holic many years ago, realized my errors, and moved on. I have driven dozens of f & e series trucks. The econolines should not be driven by most people due to their instability, yet ford says & does NOTHING to correct it. Now they would like to screw everyone who doesn't drive their junk. ford sucks.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
garland823 said:
what the hell does ford have against us? we wont buy any of their new, piece of ****, plastic suburbans with the LR badge? i had made peace with the fact that this stupid company was going to take LR in a different direction, hoping that we would atleast be an afterthought, but now i've changed my mind. if the new defender doesn't have two solid axles and you can't take it apart and put it together again, i'm gonna go and get my law degree, build a fortune, buy Land Rover, and free it from the blue oval of plastic cars. and when i shake whoever's hand to seal the deal, there's gonna be spit in mine. it's bad enough that they don't make new trucks(i say trucks, not sport-sedans with an suv body) for us, but now theyre making it hard for us to keep our trucks off the road, where a land rover belongs.
Somehow I missed this first time 'round. This is a beautiful post. And I love you.

So hurry up w/ that law degree 'cause I can pretty much guaran-damn-tee you the new "Defender" will have independent suspension,,,and probably air springs. You'll be able to take it apart & put it back together,,,,,,,,,,,,, if you have a PhD from MIT

LRWheelman said:
ford sucks
Word

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SCSL said:
Somehow I missed this first time 'round. This is a beautiful post. And I love you.

So hurry up w/ that law degree 'cause I can pretty much guaran-damn-tee you the new "Defender" will have independent suspension,,,and probably air springs. You'll be able to take it apart & put it back together,,,,,,,,,,,,, if you have a PhD from MIT

Word
yay! someone besides jesus and my parents love me! sorry man, its gonna be a lil while with that law degree, i'm a senior in hs. but i swear if i am ever in the financial position to buy LR i won't hesitate. every time i see a soccer mom driving an LR3 it just gets under my skin. i know theyre soccer moms because they don't wave back.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
OK, so now I'm provoked to VENT:

So I go wheeling today with, among others, a near-stock Disco (JC will appreciate this,,,wasn't Brian but another guy). HD front bumper, OME, open-diff. So we head up some mild trails with a few obstacles and a loose-rock, off-camber hill climb with some sphincter moments.

Aside from slashing the **** out of a sidewall, the near-stock DII performed FLAWLESSLY. There is nothing better in the world than seeing someone fairly new to serious wheelin' be totally amazed by the capabilities of their Rover,, and hopefully getting the 'bug'.

And FORD wants to take this away... or even worse, doesn't even understand it and is therefore unaware they are taking anything away. So I'm a die-hard objectivist capitalist,,, . So I understand the economic issues involved completely. But damn,,, somebody needs to step-up & preserve this Marque for our children, and our grandchildren.

So what can YOU do? Join your local club, stay as active as your other commitments allow you. Always be kind to other Rover owners :wave: , even if they are not Roverheads (yet). Represent the marque, and the hobby, and the heritage with class and dignity at all times. SUPPORT the LR community and it's VENDORS with your business, to the extent you are able. Join (at least) your state assoc. of 4-wheel drive clubs,, yeah there are a lot of ******** & Heepers, but it's a good way to stay in tune with LAND USE ISSUES,,, so you can write your rep, the BLM, etc, as trail-closure problems come up. And finally, if you have kids, get them involved! Take them on the trails! Get 'em outside! Get 'em a CT dvd! Pass the torch.

LR was world famous before the Ford aquisition,,,and it will be famous after Ford spins 'em off. But only with YOU, with US, and with our brand-loyalty and fanaticism.

OK, my rant is now complete. Thank you. :drink1:

·
Registered
734 Posts
SCSL...................As soon as I dry my eyes, I will be able to continue :bawling:

Very well said..............run for office, kiss some babies, find an intern with a blue dress...you have my vote.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
garland823 said:
what do you mean, move on with respect to Land Rover?
Someone should buy Land Rover outright, and take it away before Ford destroys it. Ford has no clue what it has, and I won't be surprise someone in Ford is talking to Shelby to improve the Range Rover Sport.

It has happened before. Voit did it with Harley-Davidson. Its time for LandRover , or let it dissapate away, like the British Empire.

Adam in NYC

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Ford does not car about Land Rover, it cares about Ford

That is why it is doing what it is doing. That last great idea of employee discounts has hurt them , and they want all that float so they can manever in this volatile environment.

And they need the support of their stockholders. Maybe we should all buy Ford stock and make noise about what they are doing to Land Rover.

Some people need a education, with the passenger seat of a Rover, someplace smooth, like Moab.

Adam in NYC

·
Registered
138 Posts
Former Slogans . . .

At ford, Quality is Job 1. Too bad they haven't had that position filled for some 30 years. Reaming the american people is job 2, and I'm sure they have a whole management team for that one.
9 out of 10 ford trucks are still on the road today. What they failed to say is that 8 out of those 9 are abandoned, and that a tow truck is backing up to the other one.
I am just bitter with my hatred for ford. When a Land Rover friend tried to tell me that ford's aquisition of Land Rover was a good thing, I responded with "ford SUCKS". When he attemted to tell me all the potential "goodness" that could come out of it, I responded with: "you suck". He told me I was uninformed & needed to move into the modern era. My response was: "No I don't, and you still suck". Thank You all for letting me vent. I would rather that Land Rover had been bought by Little Tikes products, less plastic. Thank you, LRWheelman

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LRWheelman said:
At ford, Quality is Job 1. Too bad they haven't had that position filled for some 30 years. Reaming the american people is job 2, and I'm sure they have a whole management team for that one.
9 out of 10 ford trucks are still on the road today. What they failed to say is that 8 out of those 9 are abandoned, and that a tow truck is backing up to the other one.
I am just bitter with my hatred for ford. When a Land Rover friend tried to tell me that ford's aquisition of Land Rover was a good thing, I responded with "ford SUCKS". When he attemted to tell me all the potential "goodness" that could come out of it, I responded with: "you suck". He told me I was uninformed & needed to move into the modern era. My response was: "No I don't, and you still suck". Thank You all for letting me vent. I would rather that Land Rover had been bought by Little Tikes products, less plastic. Thank you, LRWheelman
for some reason, a few of the kids in my class keep gettin into arguments about who's car is better (most torque, hp, etc). i usually stay out of these because i don't have my own car. i drive a 95 disco, but it's my dad's. (i'm workin on him to give me a loan to buy my own and pay him back by the time i graduate college, i mean come on, he gave me the LR bug) anyways, somebody brought up the rover kind of derogatively, and one kid was like dude, LR's are the best SUV's made. it's made by ford! i almost flipped on the kid, who tried to tell me he wheels his ford escape and i caught him lookin at brushguards on ebay.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Ask the kid that drives the ford escape if he pee's sitting down.

To make it funny, wear a miata's rule! tee shirt when you say it, and have someone film the whole scene reality styles man.

Then uplink it for us to watch sat night after Cops and AMW.
Peace

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.