Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Are there any other forum members from Hawaii? Kauai?
Pat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hawaiian Rovers

Aloha,
I live on Hawai'i island (Puna) and own 1- 1970 88", 4- 1967 109s, 1- 1990 RRC and 1-1994 Disco, which came from Kaua'i. I became interested in Land Rovers when I was in the military training the Australian military in the 1980s.

Aloha,
Keone

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We love Puna, we took a few trips over there in 2000 looking for land, but our hearts belong to Kaua'i.
We used to have an '83 Stage I which we bought from Kipu Ranch over here, that was our 1st Rover. It was later bought by an Oahu guy who shipped it to Australia.
Aloha,

·
Registered
363 Posts
When where you here?

So when was the last time you have been here. It has been changing alot or the last 3 years. so what is it like in Irland? I have never been there yet. It is one of the few places I would like to see.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Bird was there for the millemium 2000. Main difference between hawaii and Ireland is the temp its cold here and wet. the scenery and people are very alike being friendly :D :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
How long was your vist?

So how long was your stay here? I was hee during 2000 newyears party. As for the people here. They are only friendly beaause the know that you are visiting and spending money, the ae als happ because they knw that the visite leave after they spent all their money. As for Irland, I would still like to see it even if it is raining.

·
Registered
9 Posts
BIRD said:
So how long was your stay here? I was hee during 2000 newyears party. As for the people here. They are only friendly beaause the know that you are visiting and spending money, the ae als happ because they knw that the visite leave after they spent all their money. As for Irland, I would still like to see it even if it is raining.
We were there for month from End of Dec to end of Jan, loved every minute of it The 2000 party was a blast I have never seen so many fireworks we were over in Waikiki all evening. True about the people liking tourists its the same here, big smiles for the tourists who spend the dollar, however as the dollar/euro is not good at the moment there are not a lot of americans coming to Ireland. But lots if Irish going to the states as for us its so cheap!!
Remember its at least 18 hours flying to get here from Hawaii
K

·
Registered
363 Posts
04 Disco!!

I have a silver 2004 Discovery SE. I love my truck. I just wish there were more places for me to drive it off road. I am in the prosess of putting ARB brush bar and ARB side steeps on. It was alot cheaper than the stealership. It should be all together in a few weeks. I would love to do a lift, but I could not park my trucks in half the parking areas here. I would like to own a 110 some day. I read in a car magazine that Land Rover will re-make the 110. But has no plans to sell it in the USA.

So what do you drive? Do you do alot of off road driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We are real landrover nuts we have a Discovery my wife uses every day and two 110 defenders, one is slightly modified, the other is an out and out offroad vehicle with 35" tyres, diflocks, winches front and back roll cage etc,etc.
have a look at www.hillbilly4x4.org to see what we do in our spare time. Loads of places to offroad here and plenty of mud and water too

k

·
Registered
363 Posts
Nice web page!

Went to your web page. It looks like you have some good outings. I wish we had a Land Rover club here. I will just have to be part of some off road clubs here. The problem is that there is not alot of places to go off road.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Aloha

KKK2,

Aloha! I am still here. I have been on vacation the last few weeks in Wisconsin. And will be back in Hawaii in a few days. I am looking forward to see if the wife and see if she kept the truck clean.

What have you been up to the last few weeks?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Bird, I live there but work in Germany for the time being. I hope to be back sometime late next year. I just got a 96 D1 that I'll ship and hope to find a way to bring my Volvo too. We're down near the airport. Miss the island lifestyle...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Aloha!

So when was the last time you were here? Things have changed allot in the last year. The gass price here is out of sight. The gas is over $3.85 and will go up again next week. So much for the gas cap helping us. So are you in the military?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I Live in the Honolulu Area

Aloha Bird,

I'm new to the Land Rover world but I've lived on Oahu for the past 3 years. I recently bought a '96 Disco SE7 from a Col. in the Marine Corps and so far I love it. All stock so far, but I've got ambitions to lift it (just a little). I agree there's not many places to off-road around here, have you been up to Peacock Flats yet? I'm curious how tough it is.

I'll be here for another year until the Coast Guard moves me; probably to the Tampa Bay area.

Regards,
Josh

·
Registered
188 Posts
Bird,

I'm active duty Navy and in Germany since Nov '03. I should be done here in '06 and hopefully back to Oahu. We've been on the island since '96 and was there for 5 years in the mid-late 80's. The plan is to retire there in the next couple of years and enjoy the lifestyle. I'm in the process of purchasing the Disco 1 and these sites are invaluable. We live across from the airport for the time being. My wife and daughter run a courier service on the island and ship a box on the United red-eye six days a week so it's convenient for her to be close. I get back at least once a year in my travels but spend most of the time in Germany or the sand.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hercpilot

Josh,

Never been to Peacock Flats. I just did some light off road in the sand at Barbers Point. Got my truck stuck in the sand so deep that the frame was on the sand. I had a local guy pull me out with his Toyota 4 Runner. I did every thing wrong on that trip. I did some light off road in the sand at the MCB (before they closed off the HUMMER corse) and Bellows AF. let me know if you want to go find a trail some time.

Kevin

1 - 20 of 30 Posts