Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Best 4X4XFar
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed this when I logged on once last week and every morning this week (9-11am BST (British Summer Time) forum clock displaying ~12:20pm.

The forum becomes very sluggish, espcially when trying to post and will often come up with "This page can not be displayed" when you click submit. This happens immediatly, however once it has happened trying to use the back or refresh button will often trigger a time out, or only the banner will load and nothing else.

In addition the text you typed and tried to submit is also lost. Only way round is to navigate to another website and then back to the main forum page and start again.

The forum also seems low on activity as such times, 22 users - 3 members and 19 guests.

·
jimfoo
470 Posts
I agree! GET RID OF THE F-ING JAVASCRIPT AND FLASH ADS!!! I'm getting fed up enough I may not come here any more.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
ever since the update I've been having the same problems it is a pain in the butt. 2-3 min load times for a thread at work are not uncommon for me as well as not loading at all. At home it is much better but still slow and sometimes unsuccessful.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm on broadband and the upgrade sucks! Slow as cold honey.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
it's gotten to the point at work that I don't think I'll be checking in as much during the day. When you can go smoke and come back to see it finish loading the thread it's just to slow.

That or it isn't loading at all just the header staring at you

·
2,986 Posts
I've posted up to the administrators for them to try to take a look into it. The problem lies within one of the javascript scripts serving ads... makes a page that should take 3 seconds to load, take over 30.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My work has a site blocker program that blocks all ads and stuff. Site isn't too bad when at work, slower at home with the ads.

·
got mud?
1,917 Posts
I have some extremely fast internet. However, LRO is one of my bookmarks on the toolbar and Sometimes when i click it, it shows as page cannot be displayed or something of that sort.

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
What do you guys think??

Well the admin has made a few simple changes to the site and things seem to load faster now. Atleast for me the pages seem to be loading faster.

Chris- maybe you can disable your ad blocker and give it a try to see if it seems to be loading better as well.

·
Administrator
357 Posts
We have also reduce the number of ads that we display to help with the speed of the site. Within the next couple of weeks, we will be moving the site to a brand new state of the art server and a new hosting provider. This should even make the site faster!

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
That's a step in the right direction. Much appreciated.

I'm still leaving the ad blocker on though :D

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I just love watching scrolling ads for one pound pizzas while I'm waiting for the page to finish loading.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts