Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98 RR 88k miles..I set it up in high mode to get it up in the air..took a look at the bags & they dont look all dryrotted like I thought they would & no leaks around them as I sprayed a mostly soapy aolution on then & checked the tank also & it looked fine..while checking the top of the air bag connection the one on the drivers side where the air line goes in is leaking pretty bad..not leaking around where the line goes in but right around & under the brass ring..any fix for this & what? I have read the other sites for diagnosis but nothing on this other than maybe a possible o-ring in there? Is there an o-ring in there & if so would it do this? How to change & where to get the o-ring?
Thanks,Brian

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well i took the line off & didnt see anything much..i cut a lil off of old line..like 1/16th of an inch & still leaks..well let it pump up in garage & left..didnt pump up all the way drove all the way home & still no pump..it is cold outside but i couldnt find a leak in the bags so i dont know what to do now..wifes only transportation & now its on the bumps mostly..looks to raise a lil but not much..compressor comes on for a while then goes off but never pumped up enough to keep the light from flashing
Brian

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well..guess no experts here huh...well I now have it worse..the air compressor doesnt work any more & all 4 lights light up at the same time now & the arrow with up light on it on the dash is also on.. the rear air bags are up in high mode while the fronts are both down to normal ride..almost on bumpers..after i wrote the first question it seemed to get better & thought maybe the leak had sealed but i guess the compressor either died or blew a fuse..so looks like i know need to buy both front bags & a compressor & hope nothing else is wrong..sound like im on track or any other ideas?
Thanks,Brian

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
Leaky Airbag May Not Be The Problem.

I don't know anyone who has ever tried it, but I have to believe a patch, like those used on the inside of tubeless tires, would work patching a leaky airbag. It would also go on the inside, provided the hole wasn't right at the crease (where dryrot usually takes them out anyway)

My suspicion is you might have a ride height sensor telling the ECU that the car is where it's supposed to be, In which case you've got bigger problems than leaks.

Can you picture an old Donald Duck comic book, with Scrooge McDuck daydreaming about money, that little bubble above his head filled with dollar signs? I can. These are the sorts of problems that caused them to design conventional spring replacement kits for the P38 Rangie. I can't offer you a fix, but I can surely sympathize with you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you look at the end of the old line, it gets deformed where it's pinched in by the brass connector. There's no "O" ring. You have to cut off the whole of the deformed end of the airline, about 3/4" (1.5cm). If you're in luck, no-one's done this already, else you're in for a new line.

I've put some stuff on my website (www.goffy.com) about all this, hope it helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts