Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
If it is that bad at the rear, the rest is likely not much better. Take a look at the inboard drivers side near the catalytic converter.
I bet it's rotten there too.
If it is cut your losses ... and let her go :(

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
I've been picking up DII parts trucks from NY, MA, PA and NJ because they're rusting just like yours and won't pass the safety inspection. It's disgraceful that trucks this new should be disintegrating they way they are. The only alternative for DII owners here in the northeast is to figure out a way to register their rotting trucks in CT where even Fred Flintstone's car could be registered as long as it passed emissions.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I've been picking up DII parts trucks from NY, MA, PA and NJ because they're rusting just like yours and won't pass the safety inspection. It's disgraceful that trucks this new should be disintegrating they way they are. The only alternative for DII owners here in the northeast is to figure out a way to register their rotting trucks in CT where even Fred Flintstone's car could be registered as long as it passed emissions.
Yea, it won't be long before I have to do the rear legs on mine. Fortunately, I'm in a very rural area of PA and only have a very cursory "safety" inspection.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
So about $700 in parts and what? 15 to 20 hours in labour? IF you can do it yourself!

Call it $2500 or more IF you can even find someone willing to do it for you!
Guys like Paul Grant make their living off of parting these trucks out ( no offence Paul, that's just reality)
I guess you have to ask yourself... Is it worth it to you?

·
wjsj69
124 Posts
Is there any reason why these bad parts can't be cut out and replaced with patches welded in for those of us with welding capability? I would think that the repairs should last a while and while you're there, and there's a hole in the frame, spray some rust converter or Waxoyl everywhere you can reach? That's what I'm planning on anyway...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Is there any reason why these bad parts can't be cut out and replaced with patches welded in for those of us with welding capability? I would think that the repairs should last a while and while you're there, and there's a hole in the frame, spray some rust converter or Waxoyl everywhere you can reach? That's what I'm planning on anyway...
That's what I'm planning down the road. Just going to use the replacement legs from Rovers North.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.