Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1982 109 hard top/truck cab chassis soon available in Bedford. 2.5 engine mounts, galv rear x-member, all 6 outriggers replaced 6 years ago (still good), dumbirons replaced 2 years ago. Longitudinals need patching at mid point, or could be used for spares.

I don't want anything for it; just come and collect it!

If anyone's inerested, let me know. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, if I'd live around the corner I would go and get it but unfourtainelly I'm 3000km away :bawling:

once you're an airline pilot, you wouldn't by any chance come to Lisbon next few days/weeks/months? ;)

Thank you anyway

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry IR, but I don't think I could afford the excess baggage (and it wouldn't fit in the hold without cutting it up!).

This is the first place I've advertised it - just wanted you all to get the first option. I'll put it on LRO too. I might try e-bay if no-one takes it, otherwise I'll jst scrap it. Like I said, I don't want anything for it as the middle needs a couple of plates, and I'd feel a bt of a fraud selling it like that!

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
If I leave at Noon here I should be in by 7:10am the next day. It's only 4900 odd miles give or take a hundred. I decided to fly first class and the tickets were a bit pricey... $8,594.72 (USD) each. :eek:

So after further review I think I'll stay here and look for one. Thanks for the offer though. I am just sick that you would scrap it when there are so few here.
But I understand. Good luck on Ebay.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it's any consolation, I feel pretty sick about the idea of scrapping it too, because I think it can be properly repaired by anyone who welds better than me and has the desire to fix it, and I hate to see waste. For the sake of a couple of patches near the gearbox x-member, and one on the lhs rail near the exhaust box, it'd see plenty more service yet.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having now removed everything except the rear axle, engine and transmission, I have now accertained that the chassis is, in technical terms, shagged. The hidden rot in the tops of the main rails (by the rear damper mounts) is pretty terminal, and I can't see it being worth anyone's tie to fix it all.

If anyone wants any outriggers or the rear x-member, they're still good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts