Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ive got a trusty 109 shes got fairly free wheeling hubs i need to remove one of these to do a outer hub seal but ive looked and the only thing i can see is a little grub screw that stops the hub turning to far thers no circlip or screws :mad: so HELP needed its the large hubs no outer screws to be seen :dunno:

· Registered
97 Posts
Free-wheel hubs

Somewhere I've got something about the hubs. I'll look for it and see what I can send you. It might be make specific though. I think what I've got is for Warn hubs.

· Registered
10 Posts
what you're describing are the Fairey freewheel hubs. What you have to do is to unscrew the small screw and if you look carefully you should see a little nylon ring in there. Hook it out with a small screwdriver and you should find it has a long tail which goes all the way around the edge of the hub. As you pull it out the aluminium cap of the hub will spring off so be careful! When you get the cap off the rest is pretty self evident. 'Refitting is reverse of removal'
Hope that helps

· Registered
97 Posts
Free wheel hub diagrams

I've scanned the diagrams and I'll try to attach them, (not to good at this sort of thing). Excuse the [email protected]#p headings to the diagrams. I've got the Warn hubs fitted to my Landy. Hope these help.

As I thought I can't upload the pdf file. :mad: Any ideas how to do it?? :confused

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
me is just as bad when it comes to files :D
ok still got no seals yet but when i do get to do it can i use any other thing other then ep 90 for the hubs i was told u can get some sort of grease that gos into thr hibs and some one else said use ep90 with grease mix for the hubs :dunno:

· Registered
107 Posts
log burner said:
me is just as bad when it comes to files :D
ok still got no seals yet but when i do get to do it can i use any other thing other then ep 90 for the hubs i was told u can get some sort of grease that gos into thr hibs and some one else said use ep90 with grease mix for the hubs :dunno:
As a personal thing i'd stick with the EP90, have heard of people using "oneshot" greasbut my preference would be for original lubricants according to manufacturers book.

· Registered
10 Posts
I always use the LR oneshot grease. Works very well, particularly on more, ahem, worn swivel balls. I have no problems with lubrication inside the hub.
Look around where the flared part of the screw head meets the aluminium cap and you will find the head of the nylon strap you pull out. It is there.

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
seals

hi
ive just got the seals down by post hope ther right rtc-3510 ther for a 78 109 front outer hub :dunno: ive made some mistakes in the past buying bits that dont fit so any one nos if ther right please :eek:

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
help

ok replaced front leaf springs on sat i thought i do the hub seal on sunday since ive got all the parts but then things just dont go to plan some ones broke the little cup what u grab hold of to it pull out so i carnt see the end even to have a pick so the only thing i can think of is to heat the hub cover until the nylon band melts hence comeing off or any idears :confused and any body no wear i can get the service kits for the hubs
cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.