Brian, many thanks for the advice. I've just completed the installation of new micro spotlights using the information you supplied to remove the front bumper.. I'd recomend this for anyone wanting to do the same. Kind regards, Paul.HMBFreelander said:I've never done it but here is what the service manual says:
1. Open bonnet
2. Remove 8 screws securing wheel arch liners to bumper, release liners from wheelarch for access.
3. Remove 2 screws securing bumper valance to underbelly panel brackets.
4. Remove 3 scrivets securing bumper to armature.
5. Remove 2 bolts securing rear edge of front bumper to inner front wing.
6. Remove 4 screws securing bumper to bonnet locking platform
7. Applies to NAS models - Release side repeater, disconnect multiplug and remove repeater.
8. With assistance carefully lift and pull forward each side of bumper to release bumper side mounts and clips.
CAUTION: Always protect paintwork when removing or refitting any body trims or bumpers.
Note: I think these last two apply if you are discarding/replacing the bumper.
9. Remove front number plate
10. Remove badge from grille and discard clips
Hope this helps...