Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a Freelander TD4 Commercial. After a few minor problems with the rear door switch picked up and rectified at the dealership, I have noticed a noticable vibration at around 70mph through the steering wheel. Is this just a case of wheel balancing or am I looking for somethng more serious? My 2001 Freelander has done 51000 miles. :dunno:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have a 12 month manufacturers Warranty.
I picked up my Freelander last Tuesday.
I suspect it might be wheel balancing but thought I should pose a question in case its not for alternative courses of action.
I have also had a vibrating/knocking noise come from the exhaust which I have now rectified. It looks like my Freelander has done some light off road use. I have just spent bestpart of this afternoon cleaning the underside of the car, as it showed some signs of off road use. After cleaning the underside of the car, the exhaust vibration and knocking has now disappeared.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you want to check the drive shaft/propshaft reach under the car and give it a shake. If it has a lot of side ways movement relative to the joint this is not that good. Uni joint replacement not that hard or expensive. Easy to check peace of mind as well.
Adam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.