Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I went to Americas tire today to have my new BFG AT's rotated and balanced, and to my dismay I noticed the tire monkees having trouble taking off my wheels. :complain:

They couldnt get them off my Disco, LOL.
I instantly wished I had a beer and beer buddy when I saw there dilema :drink1: .

I guess I wash my Disco too much :dunno: , because the hub was rusting so bad that it was rusting to the rim.

I was dumbfounded because the rims were just powder coated a few months ago :D .
The hub lip is the rusty anchor :bawling: .
I need to take each wheel off this weekend and rustoleaum the hub so no mo rustanta affecta El Rimo :confused .

Man..................... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
I'd say that'd be a good idea..... :D Never heard of a rover being so clean it rust together...... That's a new one...

·
Registered
165 Posts
siezed wheels

Ran into the same prob on my Rangie not too long ago when I went to switch to my offroad wheels.
I've been looking into this topic and the best advice I could find was to use a lithium based grease or marine grease but they weren't sure about heat issues with the marine grease.
http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3190&highlight=wheel+grease
PARTS INFORMATION
RYL105020L Anti-seize grease‚
Zeta™ anti-seize grease, now available from Land Rover Parts.
They're also these discs that can be purchased called "Wheel Mates" if I can find them again. They're basically thin discs that fit between the hub and wheel. Check them out at Atlantic British:
http://www.roverparts.com/ProductList.cfm?PartNumber=WM4505
If you get some, or if anyone else are using these, I'd like to hear some feedback. I kinda think they're worth $20, I just haven't bought any yet.

·
Registered
317 Posts
anto-seize

Just slather some of the copper anti-seize on the surface where the wheel contacts the hub. Problem solved.

Bogatyr

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the ideas Gents.

·
Registered
291 Posts
when i took off the stock rims to put the 22's on, me and the 3 people who helped me out so it would be "quick" had a real problem because of the rust. Now that I took the 22's off and put the stock rims back on, i used that coppper grease stuff. a few people told me about it. Remind me in the spring to see if i can take the wheels off :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.