Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of a front cover gasket repair and have a question. The RAV is telling me to remove the PAS pulley. Why? It doesn't seem to be connected to the front cover and there seems to be room to maneuver it the cover off with that pulley still on. I'm questioning it because with the belt off it just turns and turns and I can't get the bolts loose.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Hey timtech
Pas pulley? Did you mean p.s. (Power steering pump pulley)?
If so I think you can access the timing cover with out removing power steering pulley on a 4.0l .... Not sure about a 4.6l but likely the same.
What year and engine are you working with and what repair are you working on?

·
Registered
23 Posts
You need to remove the power steering pulley in order to slide the front cover off of the crankshaft. BTW when you put the pulley back on make sure it is on in the right direction. It is stamped "front" on one side.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes power steering pulley. The rav calls it PAS. Power assist steering I think. Any suggestions on how to stop it from spinning to I can get those bolts loose? I tried the block of wood trick and it didn't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.