Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to attempt to reseal the front cover this weekend. I have an oem water pump, new fan clutch, and all oem gaskets.. anything I need to know? Figured I would ask now..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
'03 Disco SE
573 Posts
Make sure you have a new oil pan gasket - can't remove the cover without pulling the pan, and the old one is likely shot.

Also, if oil leakage was your main concern, make sure you replace the oil cooler line o-rings and add a bit of thread tape to the nut that holds them down. They're a known leak point.

Similarly, make sure to replace the o-ring for the oil filter adapter. Go one step further and add some RTV - the thing leaks like a sieve.

And if you're already going through all the trouble to remove it, check the condition of the oil pump gears and replace as necessary, same with the timing chain and gears.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok.. so no finished the reseal of the front cover.. replaced the waterpump and thermostat and fan clutch. Bled the coolant as instructed in many threads.. I took the truck out today at 1230.. I still have some cavitation behind the dash? I'm sure it's from the repair. It isn't running hot according to the dash and the heat works perfectly. Is this normal? Is it normal for the fan to be as loud as it is?

Thanks in advace.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.