Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
G4 Mike
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver's door (left) door lock stopped working. It's a 2004 Disco. The rest of the locks all work with the switch on the dash or fob. The door will lock and unlock with the key and the door will open when locked with the inside handle. I don't seem to hear the actuator working when activated, of course the others are so loud it's hard to be certain. From what I've read the little motor dies and you can try to replace the motor or the entire actuator.

So does everyone think it's the actuator or a Land Rover gremlin I haven't learned about yet? Is it best to repair or replace? As always thanks for any information.

·
very disco
1,182 Posts
The driver door lock actuator dies often on D2. If all other locks operate normally I would assume the the motor is bad.
I’ve never attempted to replace the motor alone, though I’ve reviewed threads on it. Considering the unpleasant nature of the job, I usually recommend a brand new assembly as insurance against having to go back in the door for additional work.

·
G4 Mike
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The driver door lock actuator dies often on D2. If all other locks operate normally I would assume the the motor is bad.
I’ve never attempted to replace the motor alone, though I’ve reviewed threads on it. Considering the unpleasant nature of the job, I usually recommend a brand new assembly as insurance against having to go back in the door for additional work.
I think I agree with you on the new part. If I'm going through the work might as well put on a new one. Lucky 8 has them for $158 shipped, genuine Land Rover. I noted you must also buy the correct one for the door since it contains the latch.

·
very disco
1,182 Posts
Yeah I put a used one in and three months later I had to replace it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts