Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is a question for a Disco 2 owner.
I have read that the fount drive shaft of a d2 is a double cardan joint type is this true? Also does anyone know if the u joint on the d2 is the same part number that is used on the u joint of a 99 defender.
Thanks Adam

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
In the US we use the DII double cardon driveshaft on a DI/RRC but you need to purchase the flange (on the TC side) or a spacer (sold on eBay). Since we don't have 99 D90s I couldn't tell you if it fits.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry it is for a 130 so basicly a 110 front shaft sorry I am not sure what you meen by the flange.
What I am hoping to do is put this drive shaft in to the 130 as I have been quoted more than an arm and a leg to have the joint put into the current shaft. The other option I was looking in to was to see if the u joint is the same size this way i could remove the middle part of the joint and add it to the current shaft. the extra length in the shaft would not be a problem as it would mean that I would not have to buy a spacer.
Thanks Adam

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John C
For the record a Discso II Front shaft (double Carden) does fit on to the 130 and 110. Easy replacement and yes the flange on the gearbox had to be swaped.
Adam

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
130CC said:
John C
For the record a Discso II Front shaft (double Carden) does fit on to the 130 and 110. Easy replacement and yes the flange on the gearbox had to be swaped.
Adam
That's good to know Adam, thanks for the info.

I decided to install a spacer made by Toddco Suspensions instead of the flange. The flange costs around U$S80 and the spacer U$S65 (with shipping). I haven't received it yet but as soon as I install I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Adam, so you installed the DC on the front of your 130? Why, did you have some vibes up front? What kinda suspension are you running? Just curious.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.