Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is a question for a Disco 2 owner.
I have read that the fount drive shaft of a d2 is a double cardan joint type is this true? Also does anyone know if the u joint on the d2 is the same part number that is used on the u joint of a 99 defender.
Thanks Adam

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry it is for a 130 so basicly a 110 front shaft sorry I am not sure what you meen by the flange.
What I am hoping to do is put this drive shaft in to the 130 as I have been quoted more than an arm and a leg to have the joint put into the current shaft. The other option I was looking in to was to see if the u joint is the same size this way i could remove the middle part of the joint and add it to the current shaft. the extra length in the shaft would not be a problem as it would mean that I would not have to buy a spacer.
Thanks Adam

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John C
For the record a Discso II Front shaft (double Carden) does fit on to the 130 and 110. Easy replacement and yes the flange on the gearbox had to be swaped.
Adam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.