Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Customer (uh, I mean the wife) states window not working.
No sound, no clunk, no buzz.

I am hoping it's the motor or regulator but, that driver's door also has "feature" where the window will not operate with the door open.

Where is the "switch" that tells the the window that the door is open?

In other words, the truck may think the door is open (thus disabling the window) when the door is actually shut.

Could that be a thing? OR am I looking for something that ain't likely there to find?

PS I haven't even looked at it yet, but thought I'd tee this up to get you all's thoughts.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,986 Posts
Have never heard of a “switch” to not allow the window to operate with the door open and none of my discos have done anything like that. My window will go up and down with the door open🤓
Have never had an issue with window wiring on any of mine
BUT
Have seen lots of other vehicles over the years with damaged/ broken wires in the conduit running into the door ( by the door hinges.
Do any of the other windows not work with the door open????

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2004 DII - my understanding is that if the front driver's door is open, then the front driver's window is disabled.
All other windows operated regardless of front driver's door.

Either my truck has a front driver's window glitch that is 100% consistent, I'm crazy (likely anyway), or... but I defer to the "good book":

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PS when I got home and checked it out, the window worked fine.

I think the Mrs. just wants more quality time with me.

Which is Very understandable - after all, I'm me.

·
Super Moderator
1,986 Posts
Now that you point it out I do vaguely recall reading about the modes.
I don’t recall how to change between them and I guess none of mine have been set that way.

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
2004 DII - my understanding is that if the front driver's door is open, then the front driver's window is disabled.
All other windows operated regardless of front driver's door.

Either my truck has a front driver's window glitch that is 100% consistent, I'm crazy (likely anyway), or... but I defer to the "good book":
Yes but that 44 seconds cacelation described in the attachment is effective only after the ignition was off(they forgot to say that there), this setting's purpose is to let the windows/sunroofs to operate 44 seconds with ignition off too in case you left the vehicle and realised within 44 secs that you forgot to close the window or sunroof and be able to close it without turning the ignition on.... as long as the ignition is on the door's status is irrelevant for windows operation, they should work anyway. Also if you didnt alter the setting in the BCU yourself with dedicated tester to that "driver cancel" mode the factory setting is on "all cancel".

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe all of that.
I’m just reporting that my driver front window does not work ( never has ) if that door is open. Which I thought was “normal” but...

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
Then most probably it's what @redtruck12 said with the wiring

1 - 10 of 10 Posts