Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All-
I can't thank everyone enough on this forum as it's helped me work through every issue thats been thrown at me with my discovery.

My latest issue was several misfires which ultimately led to changing out my plugs, wires, coils, plenum gasket and valve cover gaskets. I just got it back together and now I think I either have a head gasket leak or a front gasket leak.

When I changed the valve cover gasket I had some antifreeze spill in from the inlet / outlet on the fire wall for the heater so Im not sure if something else is potentially wrong or if it's just from my mishap with pouring a couple of cups of antifreeze into the head. After I had everything buttoned up I drove around the neighborhood for about 10 minutes to check everything out, shut it down and then checked the oil. The oil looks like a lighter version of hershey syrup but not light like yoo-hoo. Sorry but it's the only chocolate things I can think of. I pulled the oil filler cap and there is condensation but this is the side I spilled the antifreeze in.

What potentially would my oil look like if it was a front gasket leak or a head gasket leak? When I drove around the neighborhood I didn't feel any lose of power like I've had with other vehicles with blown head gaskets. Other than checking the bolts on the front gasket does anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks Again!
Kelly

·
Registered
8 Posts
You really think a couple of cups of coolant spilled into the head?

If it's really that much, I'd change the oil and filter ASAP and check it daily for a few weeks. Also, clean out the oil filler cap.

If it turns chocolate-y again, we'll start diagnosing the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.