Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"Faxify this thang, you Dumsumbitch!"
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got an '03 Disco that seems to be sticking its butt up, and i was looking for someone who has lifted just the front, to level it out.
Are there any cheap kits, or should I just make my own?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
You first need to determine if you have the original suspension front and rear. What color are the front and rear shocks?
How many miles on the truck, have you looked to see if your front coils are broken?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was looking to do the exact same thing. MY 2003 HSE had the air susp in the rear but previous owner replaced with the coil spring kit. My shocks are black and my front coils are in fine shape. 102,000 miles. The front just needs to come up about an inch. Maybe someone makes a spacer to go on top of the coil spring. I know that is how I leveled the front of my 2002 Tundra. All pickups seem to come with this rake from the factory.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Knowit, in your case, measure the height of all 4 corners from the ground to the wheel well moldings and get back to us.

Pat, do you have rear air? These trucks are very top heavy so you can't just dump a couple spacers in, you will really need shocks and new coils cause yours are shot.
If either of you want help, send me your numbers and I'll call you back today.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. I just checked my heights. 32.5 inches on both sides in the rear. 32.0 inches on both sides in front. Were you saying that my coils and shocks should be replaced?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Check the rave, it has specs for measurements from the center if the hub to the wheel well. You can see how yours compares to the rave. By taking the measurement from the center of the hub, it takes out the variance caused by differences in tires.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. I just checked my heights. 32.5 inches on both sides in the rear. 32.0 inches on both sides in front. Were you saying that my coils and shocks should be replaced?
So, what do you plan to do with this truck? At your mileage your shocks are shot as are the front coils.
I/2 " difference between the front and the rear is OK if for street use only.
If you want to improve the ride, and are OK with the height, a good set of OME Sport Shocks will make that truck ride so much better on and off the road.
If you want to talk about this, send me your number and I'll call you with some options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts