Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody provide a closeup photo of how the front mounts for the OEM roof rack look/work?

I got my rack second hand and don’t have the front mounts, and would like to buy (if possible) or fabricate something.

thanks!

this rack:

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just moved to Orting late last year. I like to go out to kitsap, or over the mountains to cle elum area.

I’ve seen there’s a ORV trail down here somewhere but I haven’t checked it out yet

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yeah....Elbe Hills is down there. I haven't been but it looks like it's more geared for monstrous Jeeps and beater rigs. Out towards Cle Elum you have the Fortune Creek Trail and the Liberty trail system. Those are fun. There is Tahuya in a pinch or in the winter, for sure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can anybody provide a closeup photo of how the front mounts for the OEM roof rack look/work?

I got my rack second hand and don’t have the front mounts, and would like to buy (if possible) or fabricate something.

thanks!

this rack:
View attachment 93304
I was looking to add a rack a while back and saw this video on Atlantic British. Not sure if it will help but does show rack fitment for their product.

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I’ve seen that when I put my rack on my RRS. I need specifically the dimensions and design of the LR one

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, in the absence of any useful information, I was able to cobble together some sort of support. It’s not pretty or elegant, but it’s removed the sag!

I had some angle brackets left over from another project, and they’re 2” tall which happens to be the exact (estimated lol) height I needed.

i took my grinding wheel and removed the paint from three edges each and welded them together to make most of a box:

slapped a quick coating of krylon on:

and voila:

my rack is straight! I’ll probably 3D print a cowling for them to look more like the OEM piece, but not bad for an afternoon

Reactions: HOUM_WA and V50_M66

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, I printed a rough draft housing, I went with a stepped design to emulate all of the different “levels” of the roof area:

after a very successful test fitting, I’ve extended a few dimensions to fully obscure my metalwork, and added as much trailing slope as my single filament printer can accommodate:

in around 11 hours and 12 meters of filament, I should have a finished pair of cowlings!

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yahtzee!

·
very disco
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Reactions: V50_M66
1 - 14 of 14 Posts