Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,
For you folks in the USA, please can you tell me where your front park lights are. I suspect they are in the indicators and you use a dual filament lamp. True or false?? And......if so......can anyone give me the part number please as I would like to convert mine to this system! :buttrock:

· Premium Member
1,031 Posts
nzoliver said:
Howdy all,
For you folks in the USA, please can you tell me where your front park lights are. I suspect they are in the indicators and you use a dual filament lamp. True or false?? And......if so......can anyone give me the part number please as I would like to convert mine to this system! :buttrock:
It depends on the model. I have the 1996 D1 so the turn indicators don't turn on when you have the headlights or parking lights on. There are however some small bulbs inside the headlight enclosure. They turn on when you have the parking bulbs on.

East Coast Rovers had a kit where they took the wiring from a Defender and that converted the turn signal light to a turn signal and running light.

For best ease of mind, get some LED lights (http://www.ledtronics.com/datasheets/auto_index/auto_index.htm or eBay)and drop in it the location you want. You get a lamp that won't go out for 11 years and you get the desired look you want. I would get the positive lead from the side running light or the receptacle from the headlight.

Adam in NYC

· Premium Member
1,031 Posts
New info.....

I was looking in the LEDtronics catalogue and they have a combo light designed for the rear of motorcycles. http://www.ledtronics.com/ds/aut1157m/ When not braking, the combo light is white (for use as a license plate light) and goes red when you brake.

Looks like a candidate for that side light if you are thinking of doing a retrofit of the turnsignals.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Indicators

Hi all,
Thank you. I was just wondering as I thought your front park lights had to be amber. Are the 5w lamps inside the headlight housing amber or 'white' (like mine)?

Thanks

Oliver :drive:

· Forward!
2,319 Posts
nzoliver said:
Hi all,
Thank you. I was just wondering as I thought your front park lights had to be amber. Are the 5w lamps inside the headlight housing amber or 'white' (like mine)?

Thanks

Oliver :drive:
Same as yours. I like the way the D2 corner lamps light up when the lights are on, I wish the D1's were the same way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.