Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I'm after some advice please.

I have the opportunity to buy a 1978 Classic with manual shift for a pretty good price. It is genuine one owner, goes well and is in good condition generally. Only problem is the current owner has been driving around for some time (years?) with the front prop shaft disconnected.

Could this have caused any damage or wear that I should consider when deciding whether or not to buy?

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
It shouldn't cause any problem but why was it diconnected and where is it now? I'm not sure but the front prop shaft for that Range Rover is more than likely different than what later models used. The four speed transmission that should be in that truck had an integrated transfer case that's why I'd make sure that you get the front prop shaft from the owner. Putting new u-joints in and balancing it doesn't present the same kind of trouble trying to hunt a complete replacement down would.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.