Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '01SE7 with ACE got two more months of original warranty; does anyone knows if LR will replace my front shocks. Assuming that they are bad; my front right tire keeps bouncing a bit after it hits a pothole. Also, the front tires are wearing out unevenly specially the right one.

I know that the extended warranty does not cover this, my rig has almost 40K. Do you know if the ACE equipped trucks use a special shocks or all OEM front shocks are the same?

Thanks

Figman

· Registered
184 Posts
If I am not mistaken I think the shocks are the same. I have the ACE package on my disco and I replaced my shocks with OME shocks. I couldn't believe the difference it made. Mine had a few more miles on them than yours do but they were worn out, no pressure left at all. Not sure if they are covered under warranty, but it is worth a shot.

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scott:

Did you leave your original OEM springs and just replaced the shocks with OME? I thought this shocks were taller.

Did you do it or someone did for you? Did it improved the ride that much?

Thanks

Figman

· Registered
184 Posts
Yes the shocks are taller but I used the OEM springs for now. I hope to get the OME springs soon for a 2 inch lift. I installed them myself, it took about 2 hrs to do the front and back. The front shocks are much harder than thr rear. The rear only took about 20 min. In the front the shocks are inside the springs. I took the bolts out of the bottom that hold the shock inplace , then take the top shock mount out with the shock still attached. Loosen the shock from the mount before you take it out it is easier that way. Pull the shock mount and shock out and replace it the same way. The passenger side is a little harder because there is some stuff in the way but you should be able to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.