Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning when I started my 02 Discovery the heat would not work nor would the windows the heated seats not even the seats themselves would not work. After I drove for about an hour stopped for gas everything started to work again mind you it was about 14 degress lastnight so do you think a certain portion of the electrical system was frozen? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
What you describe is not cold related, Rovers take the cold real well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Puzzled hmmm

The battery is only about 3mos old and it it a heavy duty truck battery with well over 1000cca. I had always thought Rovers adapted to cold very well also but I am still puzzled hmmm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If the engine started, I would doubt the battery would be an issue.
A group of electrical items not working, and then after time all these items start working again implies a circuit in the power supply system has failed temporarily. Take caution. This bad connection could be a source of heat and therefore burned conectors, probably somewhere within the fuse box or some type of power distribution area.
Sorry I can't be more specific.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Have the local parts store check the charging system anyway, should be between 13.6 and 14.4 volts. Also check all your grounds.

·
And I didn't even submit a proposal...
202 Posts
I agree with Frogeye and Disco Mike, there's a common point somewhere in the electrical system that feeds all the items you said didn't work. Looking at the electrical diagram, nothing jumps at me right off the bat, but I too would begin by checking all the earth headers so that they are tight and clean. Not working when cold and then working when hot suggests a loose connection or a cold solder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.