Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have strange question/problem. I filled up my LR3 yesterday and soon after, received a CEL error. I figured it was related to the fuel cap I had just removed so I pulled over and checked the fuel cap to make sure it was correctly in place. I checked the CEL with a reader and it was P0174, Lean Bank.

Did some research and found out how easy it is to clean the MAF so I picked up some CRC cleaner and a bottle of Lucas fuel treatment. Cleaned the MAF quickly and easily and then went to put the fuel treatment in and what I saw was this-

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that my inner filler flap isn't closing correctly? I can reach in and spring it a bit, but it does not want to go back to closed.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it bothered you that much, you would probably have to replace the fuel system pipe. Probably a big job.
Doesn't bother me at all if that's how it's supposed to look. I've never paid any attention to it before so I wasn't sure if it should close completely.

Still getting a P0174 from time to time so it looks like I need to have the fuel system flushed and/or find a vacuum leak. I should probably change the plugs too.

Cleaned the Throttle Body today, which helped with idle and general running but I want to have the fuel system and plugs changed to be safe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem fixed. Ended up being a sticky/dirty injector. I ended up changing the air filter, cleaning the MAF and throttle body and running a can of BG44K through a tank. Cannot recommend that product enough. I'm sure the throttle body and MAF cleaning helped, but the 44k is the real deal. I don't think my LR3 has ever ran better. It's at an independent shop right now getting the fuel system flushed as well. It probably doesn't need it now, but I had the appointment setup two weeks ago and the cost was very reasonable.

I'm also changing out the spark plugs this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.