Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKay got one more question. I am going to replace the fuel filter on my 97 Disco. i know it is located in the rear pass wheel well, but what are the proper steps to replacing it? I know on one of my cars I had to pull the fuse and turn it on and off a few times to release the fuel pressure. On another car I had to press a little valve on the fuel rail to release the pressure. Can anybody walk me through the proper way to do it on the Landy.

I really need to invest in a shop manual :)

:beer:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Release pressure: there is a valve on the fuel rail, place a cloth under it and push down on it (like deflating a tire).

Spray lots of PBlaster on ends of fuel filter and good luck.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Mine siezed up..Lines had to be cut. It was ugly...But I had it towed to a shop that helped me out. :)

I really need to invest in a shop manual
I can burn you a copy of my "Manual on CD" if you pay shipping. On the topic of the CD, I burned a copy for this guy off a forum for free of charge and mailed it for free (2.00) and he did not even bother to email and say thank you. ..OK Off Soap Box. EDIT: I thought there was a post about that CD in the 4 Sale Section. AM I SEEING THINGS??!?!

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
pavel said:
Geez RoverX, you can change that fuel filter in 10 minutes....I salute you...it takes me more than 10 minutes to get the rear wheel off and get my tools out of the basement. The job took me at least 60 minutes before I was back in my usual sofa spot! BTW, thanks for the Fram number.

It's all in the beer, man. With the right beer, you can do anything.

·
Support Our Troops
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RoverChic said:
I can burn you a copy of my "Manual on CD" if you pay shipping. On the topic of the CD, I burned a copy for this guy off a forum for free of charge and mailed it for free (2.00) and he did not even bother to email and say thank you. ..OK Off Soap Box. EDIT: I thought there was a post about that CD in the 4 Sale Section. AM I SEEING THINGS??!?!

RoverChic,

If you dont mind burning a copy for me it would be great. My e-mail is [email protected]

You can send me the amount you want and an address i can send it to or if you have paypal I could pay that way as well. Just let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.