Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....so I am back again with another issue.

Truck is running great after head gasket repair that I got form PT Schram, also replaced the oil pan gasket and trans gasket as well as fluid flushes and changes.

Running into a fuel gauge reading problem. Thinking it could possibly be the fuel solenoid??

Here is what is happening...tanked up all the way...had a full reading...drove about 200 miles and it went down to half...went to the gas station thinking it was gonna be a 10 gallon tank up....turned out to be 3 gallons and the pump stopped (should've been more). Then returned to the truck turned it on and the gauge didn't move...still at half. I only put in premium gas also.

Anyone experience this problem? Thoughts?

Thanks for all the help with the head gasket info....running like a champ minus this fuel gauge issue now.

· Registered
37 Posts
Your issue seems similar to my experience, but it had nothing to do with the fuel gauge. I've seen a gas pump shut off after a gallon or two on several occasions, simply because of the sensitivity of its back-flow adjustment. Moving the nozzle around in the fill pipe, to find a position that doesn't cause a quick shut off, always allows me to finish the fill-up.

Seeing no movement of the gauge after putting 3 gallons into a 25.5 gallon tank shouldn't be a surprise.

Hope this solves your problem.

· Registered
356 Posts
back-flow valve on mine misbehaves when it's cold out.

i've noticed the it to be worst at certain fuel stations. not sure, but i think some flow faster than others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.