Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
For the fuel tank, im not sure but check your Owners manual if you have one. I have a '95 and it has a 23-24 gallon fuel tank, I think. AS for the gas light, i'm not sure. But you should fill up as soon a possible, driving with gas light on is really bad for your fuel pump.

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
Lucky you. I was filling up at the 7-Eleven last night and the pumps auto shut off did not work. So when the gas came pouring out I stopped it by hand.
The pump said 21.6. No **** really it did. I had driven it with the red light on about 10 miles.

When the red light comes on I think I only have 15 miles before I'm empty. So I start thinking about where I'm gonna get some gas pretty quickly after it comes on.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I was in the drive though at Taco Bell the other day and had to get out and push a woman's car. There's a little uphill stretch up to the pick up window, and every time she tried to get up it her little Grand Am stalled out. She was too low on gas, so the change in the angle was drying her out.

Well, after me and a few other guys got her pushed (uphill) through the drive through, I ordered and moved forward. Then my gas light came on, and I thought "Oh, f*ck, if this beast dies on a grade I don't see the guys in the drive through being too happy about pushing me too." Luckily, I had enough gas to make it to a gas station on my way back to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.