Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for injector upgrade options. from what i understand a 96-98 runs a 19pph series 2 bosch injector. Seems most people swap to bosch series 3 19pph injectors for an upgrade. i understand theres a slight bit better atomization with the series 3 injector but is that the only upgrade option. i know most gm vehicle in the US in the 90's came with the smallest pph injectors that could be used to keep the engine running for emissions purposes. now i now90's gms arent land rovers but has anybody ever upped there poundage. i think the next step up from 19 pph is 23 pph, would these make more power or hinder/cause problems? My aplication is a 1998 disco with an unknown remanufacturers flanged liner 4.6. i have magnecor wires bosch platnum plus plugs, k&n air filter, magnaflow cats. the engine may or may not be cammed. i know most of the flanged liner engines come with some sort of cam upgrade. it came from a shipping auction so i dont really know about the cam.

Long story short would this engine benefit from a 23pph series 3 bosch injector or should i stick with 19pph series 3. Also let me know if all the above is completely or partially wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts