1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Disco 2 SE7
130k miles
4.6L Gas engine

I read here and other places about a fuel leak that can originate from the fuel line that runs up over top the transmission, up/near the coil packs and then into the fuel rail. I've read the line can come loose, disconnected from the fuel rail or potentially a bad O-ring on a fuel injector?

Sounds like whatever the issue is, the top end/ upper intake must come off to evaluate the issue? Any suggestions or experience in fixing this from anyone here?

Thanks!

(Note I did the coil-pack relocation kit and removed all the old wires from the coil packs back there. I suppose I could have broke something or disconnected some fuel line when I pulled the old plug wires off the coil pack.)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took the intake off. Here is a picture of the fuel line coming in to the lower part of the fuel rail. It looks a little damp in the valley but who knows what that could be, gas or old coolant from another issue in the past (?).

Any suggestions what to look for next?

·
Registered
539 Posts
A little damp is where you stay until you know what/why.

I’ll bet its gas otherwise it would be colored and sludgy the way coolant gets when it dries.

Plus i’d also need to check the book but I think that is the only connection point, but am not 100% of that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Resolved. For anyone searching in the future, this is a standard 5/16 connection on both the barb side and the quick connect side (look up Dorman part 800-123). Further, I replaced a small 6 inch section of rubber hose that you cant see fully in the picture above that connects into the metal fuel line and into the 5/16 barb side. Once I was able to reach back between the bulkhead and the passenger side valve cover, I was able to unsnap from its carrier and then it would move around enough to replace it. I re-used the high pressure clamps on the rubber hose and snapped into place.

A word of caution that these fuel lines can be under 50lbs of pressure so ensure you are careful when disconnecting anything that you released the pressure from the schrader valve at the top of the fuel rail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts