Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a fuel leak coming from under the engine somewhere? When trying to start the car it cranks normally but doesn't try to fire at all. Then look under the engine there is a lot of fuel leaking onto the ground. I'm at a place I can't just take it apart to see what is going on so trying to get some information as to what it could be before I tear into it. Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Super Moderator
2,148 Posts
Has anyone experienced a fuel leak coming from under the engine somewhere? When trying to start the car it cranks normally but doesn't try to fire at all. Then look under the engine there is a lot of fuel leaking onto the ground. I'm at a place I can't just take it apart to see what is going on so trying to get some information as to what it could be before I tear into it. Thanks in advance for any info.
Hi
You posted in the LR4 section...

What year, make and model and engine size :nerd is your vehicle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 2013 LR4. Can't see anything leaking from the engine compartment, got all the covers removed to try and find it. It has to be coming from under the engine. Going to pull the skid plate tonight to see where it is coming from. Not sure what is under there that could be leaking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I found it. It's the fuel hose coming from the tank to the direct injection pump. Not easy to get to. Had to pull all the skid plates and still can't really get to it to change it. Looks like the tank will have to be dropped to change it out. Hope I can find a local mechanic to change it or else its a trailer tow to salt lake 3 hrs away.

·
Stefan Smith
35 Posts
Ok I found it. It's the fuel hose coming from the tank to the direct injection pump. Not easy to get to. Had to pull all the skid plates and still can't really get to it to change it. Looks like the tank will have to be dropped to change it out. Hope I can find a local mechanic to change it or else its a trailer tow to salt lake 3 hrs away.
Well, I hope you'll be able to find the nearest local mechanic so it will be repaired as soon as possible

·
Registered
2 Posts
Richard,

What came of your repair? My 2010 LR4 just did the same. Towed to dealer 2 days ago, dealer called today to recommend changing lines and pump, $3900!!! I asked if pump needed to be changed and if they could just do lines, he called back with estimate of $2100!!! Says it will be 11 hours of labor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts