Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My 4.4L 2005 LR3 is coming off ~3 years sitting in driveway. I've changed the plugs and the oil. Based on the fuel gauge reading I got (incorrect, it turns out) impression old fuel had mostly evaporated. (The gas cap was not in the best shape, I replaced that too). After refueling with premium and adding some Sea Foam fuel treatment, I started running it for 30 minutes at a time, burning down the tank contents.

But it continues to run rough, and I figured OK, let's eliminate "old gas" issue by jumping relay after redirecting fuel line to an empty 5G gas can.

Wups. Workshop manual identifies a compression tool is needed to detach item 5 (see pic) a "Cooper fitting".

Any idea where to get / borrow a tool for this purpose? I'm kinda defeated by misimpression I got from another thread that I'd find a "depress this button, slide line off" piece of kit. My fault there - "focus" is not one of my superpowers.

So, thought I'd ask what anyone else might have figured out on this?

I got my first GAP IIDT about a week ago and programmed a new remote with it (whew, that was nice). Still getting up to speed on what to clear, what to ask for help with.

This thread's not about the DTC or any other issues (there's a couple things heh) I got my fingers crossed replacing MAF, EGR, and PCV valve are going to help. Need to keep looking for a leak in the vacuum lines.

If I can't figure out a good way to evacuate the fuel tank I'll refill it with premium and keep adding Sea Foam while troubleshooting everything else.

Sorry for the lengthy exposition here, and thanks for having a look eh?

Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No exact matches but a good overview of how the fittings work .. I'll look at the fitting again and see what combinations of pressure (and where) release the collar inside the fitting. Thanks tyl604 Atlanta. Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

OK: pin hinge along the top,
tool opens at the hinge,
fits over the "cooper fitting",
I guess when you squeeze it, a bump or tab located on tool inside radius presses against a release tab(s) / button(s) / collar retainer clip(s) ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts