Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Straight Up Climb
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there is a difference between a 2000 and 2002 Engine Wiring Harness; both have SAI.

Thanks!

·
Straight Up Climb
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I wanted to follow up on this one because it looks like I stumped the entire Forum. So, there are differences in the wiring harnesses not only from year to year and based on equipment, but also depending on the month the truck was made. I was able to take the old harness and track down the differences.

C0636 Bank-

Pin 4 needed to be rerouted to pin 30 - this fixed the P0447 code or Purge Canister vent vlave/DMTL power stage fault on the I-carsoft scanner
Pin 8 was missing from the harness all together - this on of the fuel pressure sensor leads. rewired and fixed P0453 (Fuel Pressure Sensor Fault)

no codes now and passed inspection with flying colors.

Fred

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Thanks for the info on the differences from year to year and month to month.
I guess it would be difficult for anyone to advise on so many variables. Good for you figuring it out and tracking down the differences.
What exactly did you change? Harness? E.c.m.? Fuel pump?
May I add. Bashing others for their conservative caution will not get you very far
I paid $1000 for my truck too ($900 actually) 2002 southern truck 115,000 miles and only needed rear brakes and a water pump. Everything else was maintenance or upgrades by choice
Maybe just good karma for me ��

·
Straight Up Climb
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ red truck #12 - Yeah, I am a little hostel because I spend 4 month researching the issues and got a lot of really bad advice. So, being a racetrack mechanic as a hobby for years I set out to learn these trucks. They are not that complicated or difficult.

On the advice of others I: (in order) Replaced the O2 sensors, ECM/BCM/Dash (this fix one issue), Purge Valve, Vent Solenoid... then bough a wrecked truck that had just passed emissions and swapped basically the entire top half of the engine, and did the head gaskets at the same time because cylinder eight was leaky. At the same time I added the 2002 wiring harness... which recreated some of the issues that led to the rewiring. Then the fuel pump and bumper (the wrecked truck had a cool wench bumper on it).

some of the bad advice was you can't eliminate secondary air... lead to me not using the wiring harness from the wreck truck w/0 SAI. As long as you use a model year newer when you swap, AZ says it's 100% legal.

You are right though, I edited the post.... :)

Reactions: redtruck12
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.